'American Idol' Winner Kris Allen Announces New Album
The singer's third studio album is due later this summer, he announced on Instagram.
American Idol season-eight winner Kris Allen took to Instagram earlier today to reveal the title and release date of his third studio album.
The new record, Horizons, will be released Aug. 12, the singer announced on his page.
"Stay tuned for more details," he teased of the record, the follow-up to 2012's Thank You Camellia.
Allen recorded the record in Nashville with producer Charlie Peacock, who previously worked with The Civil Wars.
Earlier this year, Allen wrote about the process behind the record, which includes the new track, "Beautiful and Wild." The singer also shared snippets of recorded music, accompanied by video, on his website.
"Some of you may know I decided to make this record independently," he wrote on his site. "As exciting as that has been, it also comes with its own set of challenges."
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Here Are the 3 Men Who Are Not Vin Diesel Who Might Direct Furious 8
- Denis O’Hare Got Tips From RuPaul’s Alaska to Play ‘Liz Taylor’ for American Horror Story: Hotel
- Movies Need to Stop Explaining Everything (Looking at You, The Walk)
- Nicole Kidman Will Guest on Empire After She Stops Living Out Her English Fantasies
- Nick Carter Breaks Out Backstreet Boy Moves for 'Dancing With the Stars' Jazz With Sharna Burgess (Video)
- Justin Bieber Reveals Album Title & Talks One Direction (Video)
- DWTS' Allison Holker Is Pregnant, Expecting a Baby with Stephen 'tWitch' Boss!
- Evan Peters Gushes Over Emma Roberts: 'I Just Love Her'