'American Idol' Winner Phillip Phillips Covers Gnarls Barkley (Video)
The season 11 champion pays homage to "Voice" coach Cee Lo Green at a Las Vegas radio appearance.
With the American Idol Season 11 tour in his rearview mirror, Phillip Phillips is taking his music to the people in a series of appearances that showcase his true talent --taking a song and making it his own.
On Saturday, Phillips performed acoustically at a show hosted by the Las Vegas radio station, Mix 94.1. Accompanied by lead guitarist Errol Cooney, Phillips delivered an intense version of Voice coach Cee Lo Green's hit with his group, Gnarls Barkley, "Crazy."
"I haven't done this song in a long time," Phillips told the crowd. "I just thought of it on the way here. If I mess up this song, just kind of turn your head the other way."
In other news, Phillips's single, "Home" sold another 100,000 downloads last week, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The song is on track to hit the 2 million mark this month. In an interview with the Idol tour last month in Manila, Phillips also revealed that his debut record will be ready by December.
Watch Phillips sing "Crazy" below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014