'American Idol' Winner Phillip Phillips Covers Gnarls Barkley (Video)
The season 11 champion pays homage to "Voice" coach Cee Lo Green at a Las Vegas radio appearance.
With the American Idol Season 11 tour in his rearview mirror, Phillip Phillips is taking his music to the people in a series of appearances that showcase his true talent --taking a song and making it his own.
On Saturday, Phillips performed acoustically at a show hosted by the Las Vegas radio station, Mix 94.1. Accompanied by lead guitarist Errol Cooney, Phillips delivered an intense version of Voice coach Cee Lo Green's hit with his group, Gnarls Barkley, "Crazy."
"I haven't done this song in a long time," Phillips told the crowd. "I just thought of it on the way here. If I mess up this song, just kind of turn your head the other way."
In other news, Phillips's single, "Home" sold another 100,000 downloads last week, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The song is on track to hit the 2 million mark this month. In an interview with the Idol tour last month in Manila, Phillips also revealed that his debut record will be ready by December.
Watch Phillips sing "Crazy" below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- M.I.A. Accuses the VMAs of ‘Racism, Sexism, Classism, and Elitism’ Over ‘Borders’ Snub
- Jimmy Kimmel Hacks Into Mr. Robot, Mostly to Ask for Tech Advice
- Amy Sedaris’s Summer Plans Include Buying Bags of Sand and Competing in a Family Tanning Competition
- Maybe Don’t Ask Kim and Kanye About Taylor Swift
- Kanye West Responds to Taylor Swift 'Famous' Phone Call Video - Watch Now
- Bradley Cooper & Irina Shayk Share a Kiss on Italy Vacation!
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Talk About Taylor Swift in 'Harper's Bazaar' Cover Story
- Jack Kilmer & Dylan Brosnan Honor Rock Legend at Johnny Ramone Tribute (Exclusive Photos!)