'American Idol' Winner Phillip Phillips Covers Gnarls Barkley (Video)
The season 11 champion pays homage to "Voice" coach Cee Lo Green at a Las Vegas radio appearance.
With the American Idol Season 11 tour in his rearview mirror, Phillip Phillips is taking his music to the people in a series of appearances that showcase his true talent --taking a song and making it his own.
On Saturday, Phillips performed acoustically at a show hosted by the Las Vegas radio station, Mix 94.1. Accompanied by lead guitarist Errol Cooney, Phillips delivered an intense version of Voice coach Cee Lo Green's hit with his group, Gnarls Barkley, "Crazy."
"I haven't done this song in a long time," Phillips told the crowd. "I just thought of it on the way here. If I mess up this song, just kind of turn your head the other way."
In other news, Phillips's single, "Home" sold another 100,000 downloads last week, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The song is on track to hit the 2 million mark this month. In an interview with the Idol tour last month in Manila, Phillips also revealed that his debut record will be ready by December.
Watch Phillips sing "Crazy" below:
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!