'American Idol' Winner Phillip Phillips Covers Gnarls Barkley (Video)
The season 11 champion pays homage to "Voice" coach Cee Lo Green at a Las Vegas radio appearance.
With the American Idol Season 11 tour in his rearview mirror, Phillip Phillips is taking his music to the people in a series of appearances that showcase his true talent --taking a song and making it his own.
On Saturday, Phillips performed acoustically at a show hosted by the Las Vegas radio station, Mix 94.1. Accompanied by lead guitarist Errol Cooney, Phillips delivered an intense version of Voice coach Cee Lo Green's hit with his group, Gnarls Barkley, "Crazy."
"I haven't done this song in a long time," Phillips told the crowd. "I just thought of it on the way here. If I mess up this song, just kind of turn your head the other way."
In other news, Phillips's single, "Home" sold another 100,000 downloads last week, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The song is on track to hit the 2 million mark this month. In an interview with the Idol tour last month in Manila, Phillips also revealed that his debut record will be ready by December.
Watch Phillips sing "Crazy" below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- How Jasmine Guy Came Up With That Distinctive Accent For 'A Different World' (VIDEO)
- Pantera's Singer, Phil Anselmo, Teaches Comedian Dave Hill How To METAL
- The MovieFilm Podcast: The Avengers 2 Trailer is Here!
- Peek Inside 'Into The Woods' With Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, And More | Inside Movies | EW.com
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Shares One of the Most Important Makeup Skills She's Learned
- Holland Roden & 'Faking It's Rita Volk Lead 'Teenage Wasteland' Panel
- Taylor Swift Learns Adam Levine's Weakness By Mentoring On 'The Voice'
- Scott Eastwood Can't Wait to Catch the Waves in 'Dawn Patrol' Exclusive Clip - Watch Now!