'American Idol' Winner Phillip Phillips Reveals Album Art, Production Credits
The season 11 champ's debut, "The World From The Side Of The Moon," will be released on Nov. 19.
It's official: Phillip Phillips' debut, The World From The Side Of The Moon (19 Entertainment/Interscope Records), will be released on Nov. 19, the American Idol winner's label announced on Monday.
The album was recorded at Quad Studios in New York City and produced by Gregg Wattenberg (Train, O.A.R.) with Phillips writing or co-writing the majority of the songs. The track list will include his platinum-certified current hit single “Home."
Making sure to keep the recording process close to home, the Leesburg, Georgia-bred 22-year-old enlisted his brother-in-law Ben Neil, who appeared with him on Idol last season, to play guitar on a few tracks.
The album, which is available for pre-order now, will hit stores just in time for the holiday season. Interscope head Jimmy Iovine hopes for a big first week to help its fourth quarter numbers, telling The Hollywood Reporter on Oct. 2, "We're doing what the show sets out to do: give somebody a hit record."
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- 'Walking Dead' Star Laurie Holden Is A Real-Life Hero
- Kat Dennings On Kim Kardashian: 'I've Never Seen An Ass Like That In My Life'
- Jennifer Garner & Michelle Monaghan Help Honor Matthew McConaughey with Special Award!
- Eva Longoria & Cameron Diaz Show Huge Support For Hillary Clinton's Fundraiser
- Anne Hathaway & Jessica Chastain Rep 'Interstellar' at American Cinematheque Event!
- Reese Witherspoon & Kate Hudson Support Their Leading Man Matthew McConaughey!