'American Idol' Alum Allison Iraheta is Married
The 21-year-old season eight finalist and her Halo Circus bandmate eloped earlier this year.
American Idol alum Allison Iraheta is married.
The season eight finalist, who competed at age 17 and came in fourth behind winner Kris Allen and runners up Adam Lambert and Danny Gokey, eloped with songwriter-producer Matthew Hagar back in January. Hagar is also her bandmate in the group Halo Circus.
The two have kept the nuptials under wraps even as they perform Halo Circus gigs together (tonight they're scheduled to appear at Los Angeles' Hotel Cafe).
Iraheta first met Hagar through her friend, guitarist David Immerman. As the 21-year-old explained to The Hollywood Reporter in April, Immerman had written a song with Hager and wanted Iraheta to record the vocal.
Said Iraheta: "I thought, why not? I'm not doing anything." After the session, Hager asked her, "Why aren't you writing or recording? What's happening with your career?" to which she revealed that she'd been having a hard time coping with being dropped by her label.
"Matthew said we should write a song and have fun," Iraheta continued. "Two or three weeks after that, we wrote our first song. We liked being creative, and I thought it might be an opportunity to reintroduce myself to the music world. And it was."
The song Iraheta and Hager wrote, called "Gone," bonded the three musicians. "Our souls were patched together in this project," says Iraheta. "It was so honest. We felt like a family, so we continued to write as a band."
Hagar, a former musical director for Mandy Moore, a multi-instrumentalist, composer and founder of management company 76 Steps Entertainment, is originally from Houston, Texas. He graduated from the prestigious Berklee College of Music in 1991.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- TMZ: Lamar Odom Found Unconscious At Nevada Brothel
- Eddie Murphy Explains Why He Wouldn't Portray Bill Cosby On 'SNL' Special
- Quentin Tarantino Says He 'Couldn't Care Less' What Black Critics Had To Say About 'Django Unchained'
- This One Guy With 14 Emmy Nominations and a Pizza Started a New TV Network
- The Flaming Lips's Wayne Coyne: Come Get Naked With Me, My Band, and Miley Cyrus
- Jennifer Lawrence Leaves Richard Linklater's Rosie Project; In Talks for Darren Aronofsky Movie
- There's a Will Ferrell-Themed Bar Opening in the LES, So Who Said New York Is Dead?
- Eddie Murphy on Why He Didn’t Play Bill Cosby for SNL’s 40th: ‘There’s Nothing Funny About It’
- Lily-Rose Depp & Mom Vanessa Paradis Step Out for London Exhibition With Cara Delevingne
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious, Fighting for His Life in Las Vegas Hospital
- Josh Hartnett's Pregnant Girlfriend Tamsin Egerton Covers Her Baby Bump on the Red Carpet
- Cubs Win, Send 'Back to the Future' Prophecy One Step Closer!