'American Idol's' Angie Miller: 'I Feel Confident That I'll Make It'
“It's exhausting, but it was worth it," the season 12 top 3 finalist says of her trip home to Beverly, Mass.
Angie Miller’s hometown visit took on a special significance as the city of Boston continues to recover from the aftershocks of the April 15 bombings. But Miller returned to L.A. from Beverly, Mass. more resilient than ever -- so she told reporters after the top 3 show.
On not being able to choose her own songs…
At first, said Miller, “I was freaked out. I was scared I would hate them all. Then I really liked my song choices and it made me a lot more focused and easier to connect to the songs.” On her set list: Elton John’s "Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word," as chosen by Jimmy Iovine, Pink’s “Try,” chosen by the judges, and Emeli Sande’s “Maybe,” the producers’ pick. “I didn't know any of them,” added Miller.
On her confidence coming into Thursday’s show…
“I'm really confident in my fans,” said Miller. “I feel like they will vote. And I feel confident in my songs and support system that I'll make it. And if I don't make top two, then there's a reason.”
On her uncanny resemblance to Miley Cyrus…
“I get that every day of my life,” Miller said with a laugh. “I'm very used to that.” Miller, as it turns out, was once a Hannah Montana fan and even once owned a Miley wig, “as a joke.”
On the crazy hometown schedule…
Miller’s itinerary went something like this: “You have to fly do the hometown visit in a day then fly back,” she said. “It's exhausting and there's tons to do but it was worth it. We all came back refocused and ready to be in the finale.”
On Jimmy Iovine complimenting her for a change…
“I'm shocked,” said Miller of Iovine’s commentary. “He didn't say negative things -- that feels awesome. Winning the first round was so important. To do good at this stage … I feel I did tonight.”
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Before 'Game Of Thrones,' Pedro Pascal Was Getting His Ass Kicked On 'Buffy'
- Drew Barrymore Adds Fragrances To Flower Beauty Collection Making Us All Smell Better
- Guy Covers Every Single Part Of 'Prince Ali' From 'Aladdin'
- The Dumbest But Also Greatest Lyrics From Destiny's Child's 'Writings On The Wall'
- Why Are Movies the Only Kind of Entertainment We Still Have to Wait Around For?
- 7 Times Vin Diesel Gave a Wooden Performance (Before He Played a Tree in Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Chris Messina Is a Huge Cheater in This New Sam Smith Video
- There’s a Bleak Integrity to James Franco’s Adaptation of Cormac McCarthy’s Child of God
- Cate Blanchett Desperately Wanted to Play a Dwarf & Wear a Beard
- Katy Perry Sang for the President & First Lady Last Night at the White House!
- Kerry Washington & Jimmy Kimmel Bond Over Their Newborn Baby Girls!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Opens Huge, Scores Biggest Thursday Evening Opening of the Year!