'American Idol's' Blake Lewis Signs With Republic, Scores Major Ad Campaign
The season six runner-up debuts his latest song via a new Microsoft commercial.
Hot on the heels of the announcement that American Idol alum Blake Lewis has inked a deal with Republic Records, the season six runner-up has released his new single, “Your Touch,” in a major advertising campaign as the soundtrack to Microsoft Internet Explorer’s “Explore Touch."
The new track, which Lewis describes as “future pop," is a glimpse into the electronic/dance direction the beat-boxing Idol is exploring in his forthcoming CD, “Portrait of a Chameleon.” “Your Touch” will be available exclusively through Xbox Music for the first week of its release and will become available via iTunes and all digital retailers beginning March 5, the label said.
As of Tuesday, Windows 7 users will be able to utilize Internet Explorer 10. To demonstrate this new feature, Lewis appears in this new worldwide ad campaign in a video directed by Keith Rivers. As Lewis performs the single, he simultaneously showcases how fast and fluid the Internet Explorer 10 and Windows 8 experience will be. Rivers similarly directed labelmate, Alex Clare, in Microsoft’s “Most Beautiful Web” campaign at Lewis’ suggestion.
Lewis was first signed to Arista Records shortly after he came in second place to Idol winner Jordin Sparks in 2007. His debut album, A.D.D. (Audio Day Dream), peaked at No. 10 on the Billboard 200, selling 350,000. He later recorded Heartbreak on Vinyl for Tommy Boy Entertainment in 2009. He is also the first Idol performer to reach the No. 1 spot on both Billboard's Hot Dance Airplay Chart and Dance/Club play chart.
“Your Touch” is available now for free streaming on exploretouch.ie
Watch the spot below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Almost Everything And Nothing Has Changed In First 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer
- Watch A 'Too Stoned' Miley Cyrus Serenade Bill Murray At The Kennedy Center
- Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow's Kids Show Off Their Singing Chops At Charity Event
- Olivia Wilde Spends Time With Her 'Drinking Buddy' In Breastfeeding Selfie
- Justin Timberlake Gives Funny Response When Asked About Expanding His Family with Jessica Biel
- Tom Hanks Perfectly Remembers His Rap from 'Big' - Watch Now!
- The 'Pretty Little Liars' Stun at Elle Women in Hollywood Awards
- Marion Cotillard Poses in Christian Dior's Childhood Garden for New Lady Dior Campaign!