'American Idol's' Caleb Johnson: Ryan Seacrest Has 'The Voice of an Angel'
The rocker jokes about his impromptu duet, admitting he was surprised when the host played along.
"Ryan, you’ve got the voice of an angel, man.”
That’s high praise coming from American Idol season 13 rocker Caleb Johnson, who nudged host Ryan Seacrest into performing an impromptu duet during Wednesday’s broadcast.
“I was like, ‘I gotta get him to try to sing.’ I didn’t know he was gonna sing to me,” Johnson told The Hollywood Reporter immediately following the taping. “I was just gonna sing to him, but he went with it so it was really cool.”
The moment came when Seacrest asked Johnson and his official duet partner, Jena Irene, which dream artist they would like to collaborate with someday. Turning on his signature charm, Johnson, of course, named Seacrest, and then launched into Bryan Adams’ “Heaven.” (FYI: Irene name dropped Paramore’s Hayley Williams and we totally co-sign.)
“I would say that was one of the most special vocal performances of the season,” quipped Harry Connick Jr., who has become notorious for his tough critiques. “Of the century,” he added with a laugh.
Seconds later, Johnson and Irene created “a moment,” as judge Jennifer Lopez called it, when they joined forces on The Rolling Stones’ “Gimme Shelter.”
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Free Yourselves From the Shackles of Spoilers! Life Is Too Short.
- I Want Rom-Com TV to Flourish, But ABC’s Manhattan Love Story Is Not Helping at All
- Watch the Trailer for Taken 3, Which Is Actually Called Tak3n
- The Creators of Family Guy Must Have a Major Inferiority Complex When It Comes to The Simpsons
- Tracy Morgan Responds to Walmart: I Can't Believe They Are Blaming Me For the Accident
- Justin Bieber Grabs Dinner with Kendall Jenner in Paris
- Aretha Franklin Sings 'Rolling in the Deep' Live & Totally Kills It - Watch Now!
- Channing Tatum & His Huge Muscles Continue Filming 'Magic Mike XXL' - See the New Photos!