'American Idol's' Caleb Johnson: Ryan Seacrest Has 'The Voice of an Angel'
The rocker jokes about his impromptu duet, admitting he was surprised when the host played along.
"Ryan, you’ve got the voice of an angel, man.”
That’s high praise coming from American Idol season 13 rocker Caleb Johnson, who nudged host Ryan Seacrest into performing an impromptu duet during Wednesday’s broadcast.
“I was like, ‘I gotta get him to try to sing.’ I didn’t know he was gonna sing to me,” Johnson told The Hollywood Reporter immediately following the taping. “I was just gonna sing to him, but he went with it so it was really cool.”
The moment came when Seacrest asked Johnson and his official duet partner, Jena Irene, which dream artist they would like to collaborate with someday. Turning on his signature charm, Johnson, of course, named Seacrest, and then launched into Bryan Adams’ “Heaven.” (FYI: Irene name dropped Paramore’s Hayley Williams and we totally co-sign.)
“I would say that was one of the most special vocal performances of the season,” quipped Harry Connick Jr., who has become notorious for his tough critiques. “Of the century,” he added with a laugh.
Seconds later, Johnson and Irene created “a moment,” as judge Jennifer Lopez called it, when they joined forces on The Rolling Stones’ “Gimme Shelter.”
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes Washington Redskins Logo Wouldn't Change
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Kim Kardashian, Even Though She Literally Shares Everything
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!