'American Idol's' Casey Abrams Had Two Blood Transfusions While Hospitalized
The fan favorite misses Thursday's elimination episode due to Ulcerative colitis.
American Idol standout Casey Abrams has been hospitalized and missed Thursday night’s show.
The fan favorite missed the episode with his second hospitalization of the year.
"You'll notice that Casey is missing from the group. He is unfortunately sick and in the hospital right now," host Ryan Seacrest said at the show's opening. "Wave to him ... We know you're watching buddy, feel better – shout out to the nurses. Get back here soon, okay?"
No other details were released.
Later Thursday night, Abrams tweeted: "hey guys, thanks for the well wishes, I got some nice fresh blood in me and feeling better. People at Idol & Cedars are treatin me real good." An Idol insider tells THR Abrams had two blood transfusions while in the hospital. His condition: Ulcerative colitis, an inflammatory bowel disease which affects the lining of the large intestine.
Abrams sang a standout performance of "With a Little Help From My Friends" on Wednesday.
It's not the first time an Idol finalist has had to miss an episode due to illness. Back in Season 1, Christina Christian was hospitalized for what was reported to be dehydration after complaining of feeling weak. She did not join the rest of the Top 6 for the results of Big Band week and, as things turned out, she was the one sent home that week.
Fox had no comment.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- #BeyoncéAlwaysOnBeat, an Ode to Beyoncé’s Flawless Choreography, Is 2015’s Best Meme So Far
- Amy Schumer Got Super Real on The Bachelorette Last Night
- Avid Watercolorist Howard Stern Gave David Letterman a Daffodil Painting for His Farewell
- Justin Bieber Covers ‘I’ll Make Love to You,’ Humps the Floor, Makes You Wish You Were the Floor
- Katharine McPhee Releases First New Music in Years with 'Lick My Lips' Video - Watch Now!
- Melissa McCarthy & Jason Statham's 'Spy' Earned $12.5 Million Overseas For First Box Office Weekend
- Johnny Depp Could Face Jail Time For Not Properly Quarantining His Dogs in Australia
- The 'Charlie Charlie Challenge' Went Viral This Weekend