'American Idol's' Danny Gokey Launches Eyewear Collection
The Season 8 finalist promoted his new line of fashionable frames in New York on March 24.
Randy Jackson isn’t the only person who has sported some hip glasses on American Idol. Danny Gokey stood out as an Idol finalist for his voice, and his style.
Now the Season Eight third-place finisher, launched his own eyewear line at the Vision Expo on Sat. March 24.
“It’s an edgier collection,” Match Eyewear president Ethan Goodman told The Examiner about the company’s launch of the Danny Gokey Eyewear Collection in Long Island.
“I wouldn’t call it ‘rocker’, but Danny’s image is youthful and up-to-date,” Goodman said of the 2009 Idol alum.
The collection targets men ages 18 to 35 in twelve initial styles. Gokey brings his passion for eyewear to creating the line, fulfilling a longtime dream of creating his own brand of fashionable frames.
His eyewear collection was revealed at the three-day International Vision Expo East eyecare trade show held at the Javits Center in New York.
Match Eyewear, the fashion eyewear supplier, has developed a two-year marketing relationship with Gokey through the Milwaukee-based Wisconsin Vision regional retail chain.
Gokey, a Milwaukee-native, became knowledgeable about the optical industry during this time.Sophia’s Heart Organization, named after his first wife, who died after complications from heart surgery a month before his American Idol audition. (He married for a second time on Jan. 29, 2012). The organization helps children and families in need.
Gokey appeared at the Match Eyewear booth to sign autographs and take pictures. He will continue to promote his line at the Vision Expo West in Las Vegas in September.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' Is No Match For 'X-Men: Apocalypse' At Weekend Box Office
- Melissa McCarthy Really Hopes The 'Ghostbusters' Haters 'Find A Friend'
- Ciara And Russell Wilson's Latest Vacation Is An Adorable Family Affair
- Dwayne Johnson Shares First Look At Hobbs In 'Fast 8' And It's All Kinds Of Intense
- John Carpenter Has Some Choice Words About Friday The 13th, Specifically, 'It Just Doesn't Rise Above Its Cheapness'
- Jesse Eisenberg Discusses Lex Luther's Return in Justice League, Risks Being 'Picked Off' By DC's Killer Drones
- How Mindy Kaling's Subtle, Cunning Lies Affected B.J. Novak's Psyche While Filming The Office
- Italian Star of Stage and Screen Giorgio Albertazzi Dead at 92