'American Idol's' Fantasia Barrino Announces Pregnancy at Concert (Video)
"I share this with you because I can relate to you. And for a while I walked around figuring out what will they say and what will they think about me" says the season 3 winner.
Season 3 American Idol winner Fantasia Barrino is pregnant.
The 27-year-old made the announcement Sunday at a charity concert in Jacksonville, Fla. Watch the video, below.
"You are the first persons that I share this news with," she said at the opening of the Riverview Apartments building.
"And I share this with you because I can relate to you. And for a while I walked around figuring out what will they say and what will they think about me. But now I tell you I don't live my life for folk," she added.
"So, this child that I carry – God has given me this child. And I don't have to hide it from none of y'all," she went on. She did not name the baby's father.
Barrino is also mother to daughter Zion, 9.
Her VH1 reality show, Fantasia for Real, was reworked in 2010 shortly after she was hospitalized for a suicide attempt.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 'The Magnificent Seven' Shoots Straight To Top Of The Box Office With $35 Million Debut
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Isaiah Washington Urges All African-Americans To Boycott Work
- The Cast Of 'Will & Grace' Reunited And It Was Almost Too Adorable To Handle
- Arrest Made After Reported Hacking Of Pippa Middleton's Photos
- The Magnificent Seven Performed Magnificently at the Box Office This Weekend
- Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon Talks Beyoncé, Pepsi and Corporate Partnerships: ‘You Have to Believe in Something’
- The Nirvana Nevermind Baby Recreated the Famous Cover and He Looks Exactly the Same (No, Not Really, He Got Older)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Joins Weird Al Yankovic to Sing ‘Yoda,’ Achieving the Much Sought After Nerd Holy Trinity