'American Idol's' Fantasia Barrino Announces Pregnancy at Concert (Video)
"I share this with you because I can relate to you. And for a while I walked around figuring out what will they say and what will they think about me" says the season 3 winner.
Season 3 American Idol winner Fantasia Barrino is pregnant.
The 27-year-old made the announcement Sunday at a charity concert in Jacksonville, Fla. Watch the video, below.
"You are the first persons that I share this news with," she said at the opening of the Riverview Apartments building.
"And I share this with you because I can relate to you. And for a while I walked around figuring out what will they say and what will they think about me. But now I tell you I don't live my life for folk," she added.
"So, this child that I carry – God has given me this child. And I don't have to hide it from none of y'all," she went on. She did not name the baby's father.
Barrino is also mother to daughter Zion, 9.
Her VH1 reality show, Fantasia for Real, was reworked in 2010 shortly after she was hospitalized for a suicide attempt.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts
- 7 Reasons Weird Al Won the Internet and Topped the Charts
- Dakota Fanning on 'Very Good Girl' Sex Scenes: 'I Wasn’t Very Uncomfortable With It'
- Lily Allen Dedicates 'As Long As I Got You' Music Video to Glastonbury Memories - Watch Now!
- Azealia Banks & Jourdan Dunn Are Navy Ladies for French Connection #NeverMissATrick Launch Party
- Jennifer Hudson Advises 'Don't Expect Respect When You Don't Respect Nothing!'