'American Idol's' Kree Harrison and Candice Glover: Ready for Their Final Bow
Season 12's last two standing meet the press 24 hours before they're due to take the Nokia Theatre stage.
In the middle of a busy schedule that includes wardrobe fittings, song rehearsals and media interviews, season 12’s top two finalists Candice Glover and Kree Harrison took a few minutes of their Tuesday afternoon to do a rooftop press conference on the highest level of Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre: the roof of the parking garage.
With the bright L.A. sun shining down -- Harrison noted she could barely open her eyes because the daylight was so intense -- and with no amplification, the two women did their best to answer reporters’ questions. But while commenting on their potential coronation songs or any of the number they are performing on Wednesday's show were off limits, there were a few questions they were allowed to answer.
Asked where they wanted to be in five years, both gave the same reply. “Hopefully making music,” said Harrison. "I want to be on the road. I want to make a good record and go on tour." Glover concurred: “Making an album, a tour of my own, doing what I love."
To a reporter who wanted to know which mentor gave the best advice, Glover replied, “Smokey Robinson. He said no matter how high your head gets in the clouds, don’t ever let your feet come off the ground. It means stay grounded and humble.”
Many Idol graduates have noted a sense of relief as the season winds down, but when The Hollywood Reporter asked the final two if they were looking forward to their American Idol journey ending, Glover answered, “I don’t think we want it to be over. ... This is the most fun I’ve had in a long time. I definitely wouldn’t want to go back to work in a 10-hour [a day] job.” Harrison agreed that she too is not quite ready to go home.
The two women ended the press conference as they began it -- holding hands for the photographers. Still, one reporter just had to ask if they liked each other. Glover answered with tongue planted firmly in cheek: “We just held hands on the way out here so you guys would think we like each other.” She added that she was kidding but most of the press corps knew that already.
“All the girls truly like each other,” Harrison defended, reminding all assembled that the top five girls are a tight-knit group after almost a year together."
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Future Amy Schumer Wants to Warn Present Amy Schumer About That Bathroom Blow Job
- Difficult People Teaser: Don’t Invite Billy Eichner and Julie Klausner to Your Funeral
- Kumail Nanjiani, Jonah Ray, and Emily Gordon on The Meltdown and Creating the Best Stand-up Show in the Country
- Why Do So Many TV Rom-Coms Fail?
- Kids Say the Cutest Things in Jimmy Kimmel's Video About Gay Marriage
- Sean Penn Takes Minka Kelly Out For Her 35th Birthday Dinner - Get the Details
- Julia Roberts Hunts for the Man Who Killed Her Daughter in 'Secret in Their Eyes' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naya Rivera Shows Off Her Bare Baby Bump in This Poolside Pic!