'American Idol's' Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina to Premiere New Videos on CMT
"Like My Mother Does" will air on Monday, Aug. 8 with "I Love You This Big" to follow on Tuesday.
American Idol runner-up Lauren Alaina will premiere her debut video, "Like My Mother Does," on Monday, Aug. 8, while Season 10 winner Scotty McCreery's "I Love You This Big" will debut Tuesday, Aug. 9 on both CMT and CMT Pure.
CMT will air the new videos and an extended 15-minute special, including exclusive behind-the-scenes footage from the video shoot.
“We found this park that had a little country feel to it and it all worked out,” McCreery said of his video, which was shot in Los Angeles.
The hit “Like My Mother Does,” was filmed in a Southern-style house featuring pictures of the Alaina with her family while she was growing up.
“I love that it shows who I am and how I became who I am," she said. "It shows my family and all about what I’ve done all through the years, and I love that."
GAC (Great American Country) will also premiere their videos on the same dates as their CMT premieres. The duo will also be featured in two new GAC specials, titled Introducing: Scotty McCreery and Introducing: Lauren Alaina, which are set to premiere this fall.
Fans can register at their official websites, Official Scotty McCreery and Official Lauren Alaina, to receive an exclusive album pre-order package that includes their full-length debut album, an 8x10 photo, a personalized poster and an instant download of their single “I Love You This Big,” and “Like My Mother Does.” Fans can also enter a sweepstakes for a chance to go to CMA Awards, which will include a meet-and-greet with both artists.
“For this first album, we are definitely going to let the fans know first about all of the details coming out,” said McCreery.
Added Alaina, “We want them to know just what’s happening with the album and when it’s coming out because they’re the ones who are going to buy the music and they’re the ones who have been following me through this Idol journey."
Lauren and Scotty are currently in the American Idols Live tour that runs through September. They will also perform on ABC’s Good Morning America on Aug 12.
Both will perform at CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock, airing Sunday, Aug. 14 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. The show will also feature a day in the life of McCreery and Alaina as they experience their first CMA Music Festival.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Charli XCX's Sultry Backstreet Boys Cover Is The Ultimate #TBT
- Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give A Straw: 'Gone With The Wind's' Secret Curse History - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- ‘Serial' Fans Are Buzzing About Podcast Finale
- Brooke Shields: Hollywood Wasn't My Undoing, Loving My Alcoholic Mother Was - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- Bill Murray Will Sing 'Bare Necessities' in 'Jungle Book' Reboot!
- 'Team America: World Police' Showings Cancelled By Paramount After Sony Hack Threats
- Kim Kardashian Has Not Yet Commented About the Man Who Spent a Shocking Amount to Look Just Like Her
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shows Some Love for Her Daughter Willow's Friend