An 'American Idol' Prom: Jena Irene Takes Winner Caleb Johnson as Date (Photo)
Asked if he was going to dance, the season 13 victor joked he might "twerk."
How many girls can say they brought the American Idol to their high school prom?
Jena Irene certainly can.
The 17-year-old American Idol runner-up asked season 13 winner, Caleb Johnson, 23, to be her date while they were competing on the Fox show, and he happily accepted her invitation to attend the North Farmington High School prom at the Dearborn Inn.
The two flew into Detroit around 4 p.m. on Wednesday and had just enough time to dine at the restaurant where Irene waitressed before heading over to her house to get ready. As of a few weeks ago, Irene still didn't have a dress, but found one in her closet that was perfect for the occasion.
"We've been best friends for a couple of months now," Irene told reporters outside the hall. "To actually bring him to prom [and] meet all of my friends is kind of cool."
When asked what kind of dance he planned to do, the always quotable North Carolina native laughed, "the wobble."
"I might twerk it out," he said.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio Awarded at Global Citizen Awards, Raps 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!