An 'American Idol' Prom: Jena Irene Takes Winner Caleb Johnson as Date (Photo)
Asked if he was going to dance, the season 13 victor joked he might "twerk."
How many girls can say they brought the American Idol to their high school prom?
Jena Irene certainly can.
The 17-year-old American Idol runner-up asked season 13 winner, Caleb Johnson, 23, to be her date while they were competing on the Fox show, and he happily accepted her invitation to attend the North Farmington High School prom at the Dearborn Inn.
The two flew into Detroit around 4 p.m. on Wednesday and had just enough time to dine at the restaurant where Irene waitressed before heading over to her house to get ready. As of a few weeks ago, Irene still didn't have a dress, but found one in her closet that was perfect for the occasion.
"We've been best friends for a couple of months now," Irene told reporters outside the hall. "To actually bring him to prom [and] meet all of my friends is kind of cool."
When asked what kind of dance he planned to do, the always quotable North Carolina native laughed, "the wobble."
"I might twerk it out," he said.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Joseph Sikora's Tommy Egan in Power: Finally, a White Guy Who's Not in the Black World To Save Anybody
- A 'Gilmore Girls' Festival Is Happening In Real-World Stars Hollow
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Have Reportedly Split ... Again
- Country Queen Dolly Parton To Play A Prostitute In New Made-For-TV Biopic
- My Blind Brother Trailer: Imagine a Bizarro Parks and Rec About Ben, Mona-Lisa, and The Douche in a Love Triangle
- Empire Is the Subject of a Class Action Lawsuit About Its Filming at a Juvenile Detention Center
- New Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency Teaser: Elijah Wood Is Still Not Your Watson, Asshole
- Rupert Wyatt to Direct Sci-Fi Movie Captive State, Based on His Own Original Story