The Band Perry on Lauren Alaina's 'Idol' Performance of Their Song: 'It Was a Proud Moment'
The country newcomers comment on the 'American Idol' finalist's performance of "If I Die Young."
Jimmy Iovine chose the song for Top 3 finalist Lauren Alaina and it could be the performance that ushers the 16-year-old Rossville Georgia native straight to the finale.
The tune: "If I Die Young" by country newcomers The Band Perry, whose latest self-titled debut landed at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart in October.
So what did the Mississippi sibling trio think of the performance? "It was a proud moment," Kimberly, Neil and Reid Perry said in a statement Thursday morning. "It's so exciting to see a song we wrote in our basement walk its way onto one of America's biggest stages. We wish Lauren much luck in the competition and thank her for lending such a sweet voice to our song."
Tune in for tonight's results show to see if Lauren makes it through this second-to-last elimination.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life