Carrie Underwood Sings 'Alone' at iHeartRadio Show (Video)
The season-four champ performed a set of new songs and old favorites, including a repeat of her most famous moment on the "American Idol" stage.
Carrie Underwood treated a small audience to a reprise of her iconic American Idol performance of Heart’s “Alone" as part of a 10-song set at a special iHeartRadio live performance in New York City on Tuesday night.
“We thought we would throw in a little cover,” the season-four champ winner told a packed house. “It’s not a new one for me, but it’s one that I haven’t done in a very long time."
“Alone” was just one highlight of the tight and intimate concert. The show was part of a two-week media blitz and partnership with Clear Channel and Sony Nashville in promotion of Underwood’s latest album, Blown Away.
"This is my album release day," said the singer, noting that until that night, she had been performing just one song and was itching to do a full set. “It’s actually really nice to top it all off singing lots of songs. … I get to do a show. Yay, me!”
Backed by an eight-piece band, Underwood tore through several new tracks, including “Two Black Cadillacs,” “Thank God for Hometowns," “Cupid’s Got a Shotgun” (“This song is as redneck as I could get,” she said), and the record's first single, “Good Girl.”
Dressed in a white sweater, which the singer joked was a mistake to wear in the now -sweltering room, Underwood was loose, funny, extremely chatty and clearly itching to get back on the road. She delighted with a healthy helping of older material such as “Jesus, Take The Wheel" -- a song she said will never be removed from her show because she loves it so much -- and other hits such as “Last Name" and “Before He Cheats."
Underwood paid homage to her Idol roots several times during the night, sharing with the crowd her excitement to return to the Ryan Seacrest-manned stage Thursday night for a season-11 results show. She even gave a nod to judge Steven Tyler, who traded vocals with the Oklahoma native during a performance of “Undo It" at the 46th Annual ACM Awards in April.
“That was one of the top five highlights of my life,” she said. “He is such a cool guy. I wish he had nothing better to do so he could come on tour with us."
Watch her "Alone" reprisal below.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Hailee Steinfeld Shows Off Singing Chops With Shawn Mendes 'Stitches' Duet
- Sh*t That Everyone Seems To Inexplicably Do In An Uber
- See The Emotional First Teaser For Cary Fukunaga's Netflix Film, 'Beasts Of No Nation'
- This Is The Awesome Body-Positive Mantra Kate Winslet Recites With Her Teenage Daughter
- Quiz: Who Said It, Real Housewife Ramona Singer or Fake Youngster Ramona Quimby?
- Morrissey Says He Was Sexually Assaulted by San Francisco Airport Security
- Taxi Driver, Girls, and 7 Other Big Influences on Mr. Robot
- Difficult People Trailer: Julie Klausner Joins Billy Eichner in Shouting at People on the Street