Carrie Underwood Announces Pregnancy
The "American Idol" winner puts her own spin on Labor Day
Carrie Underwood has given new meaning to Labor Day with the announcement that she and husband Mike Fisher are expecting their first child.
The American Idol season-four winner took to Twitter to reveal the news with help from her two dogs, each wearing separate blue and pink shirts reading, "I am going to be a Big Brother" and "I am going to be a Big Sister."
"In honor of 'Labor' Day … Ace & Penny would like to make an announcement," she wrote. "Their parents couldn't be happier."
In honor of "Labor" Day...Ace & Penny would like to make an announcement. Their parents couldn't be happier! pic.twitter.com/bROrzuHJ4J
— Carrie Underwood (@carrieunderwood) September 1, 2014
Fisher further confirmed the news on his Twitter feed with a hint about future baby names.
"We haven't picked names yet but it's looking like Fly is gonna fly. #boyorgirl #flyfisher," tweeted the professional hockey player.
The baby is due in the spring.
Underwood, 31, and Fisher, 34, were married in Georgia in July 2010.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Hulu's April Fools' Gag 'Hulu Pets' Is A Pretty Convincing Streaming Service
- Watch Taylor Swift And Camila Cabello Totally Fangirl After Hearing Fifth Harmony On The Radio
- 'Black Girls Are Magic': Latest Episode Of 'Being Mary Jane' Powerfully Explores Race And Beauty With Real-Life Activists
- Scott Eastwood On His Gay Fans, Same-Sex Marriage And Whether Or Not A Gay Role Is In His Future
- Zayn Malik Struggled the Most With One Direction Tour Demands, 'This Is Us' Director Says
- Kim Kardashian is Told She May Not Be Able to Have More Kids in New 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Clips (Video)
- Zoe Saldana Wants Twins Cy & Bowie to Be Super Stylish!
- Shia LaBeouf Explains Why It's Insane Being an Actor