Carrie Underwood Announces Pregnancy
The "American Idol" winner puts her own spin on Labor Day
Carrie Underwood has given new meaning to Labor Day with the announcement that she and husband Mike Fisher are expecting their first child.
The American Idol season-four winner took to Twitter to reveal the news with help from her two dogs, each wearing separate blue and pink shirts reading, "I am going to be a Big Brother" and "I am going to be a Big Sister."
"In honor of 'Labor' Day … Ace & Penny would like to make an announcement," she wrote. "Their parents couldn't be happier."
In honor of "Labor" Day...Ace & Penny would like to make an announcement. Their parents couldn't be happier! pic.twitter.com/bROrzuHJ4J
— Carrie Underwood (@carrieunderwood) September 1, 2014
Fisher further confirmed the news on his Twitter feed with a hint about future baby names.
"We haven't picked names yet but it's looking like Fly is gonna fly. #boyorgirl #flyfisher," tweeted the professional hockey player.
The baby is due in the spring.
Underwood, 31, and Fisher, 34, were married in Georgia in July 2010.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration