Carrie Underwood Donates Concert Proceeds to Atlantic City (Video)
"I wouldn't feel right making money off tonight's show," said the "American Idol" season four winner.
In a truly classy move, Carrie Underwood announced that she will donate all of the proceeds from her Friday night tour stop in Atlantic City to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts in the Garden State.
“We’re so glad to be here, and even more glad to be here this evening,” the American Idol Season four winner told the audience at Boardwalk Hall, according to the Press of Atlantic City. “You know, after something like this, you wonder whether the show should go on. We thought, this building was still here, so it must be here for a reason."
Underwood, who has been donating $1 of every ticket sold to Red Cross efforts since September, was so overwhelmed by the devastation from last week's hurricane, that she affirmed that she would put her profits "right back into the community here."
“I wouldn’t feel right making any money off of tonight’s show,” said the 29-year old Oklahoma native.
After the concert, Underwood's thoughts were still with the shore, and she took to Twitter to offer more words of support.
"Thank you beautiful Atlantic City! You all made my year! You have been through so much and still rocked the house! I leave in awe! Thanks!" she tweeted.
Watch a video of Underwood performing "Temporary Home," along with a powerful speech about how she and her band are committed to giving back on the "Blown Away" tour, below.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Spoiler Alert: This Is a Post About Spoiler Etiquette
- We’re All Sinners in the Hands of an Angry David Cronenberg, Who’s Playing God in an Indie Short Film
- Doctor Thorne Trailer: Would You Like Some Brie With Your Downton Abbey?
- Blake Lively Stars in a New Trailer for The Shallows, Which Is Basically Her The Revenant
- Game of Thrones' Sophie Turner is Just Jared Spotlight's May 2016 Cover Star!
- Blake Lively's Shark Attack Movie 'The Shallows' Will Give You Chills - New Trailer!
- Donald Trump Is Presumptive Republican Nominee, John Kasich to Suspend Presidential Campaign
- Young Journalist with Autism Interviews Channing Tatum in Amazing Video - Watch Now!