Carrie Underwood is Top-Earning 'American Idol' Alum
Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Phillip Phillips and Adam Lambert also made Forbes' annual list.
And the winner is ... Carrie Underwood, for being American Idol's top-earning alum, according to Forbes' annual list.
The country singer raked in approximately $31 million between June 2012 through June 2013, playing 100 shows on tour and signing endorsement deals with the likes of Olay. Over the past five years, Forbes estimates that has she has earned $83 million.
Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Phillip Phillips and Adam Lambert also made the ranks, which estimated pretax earnings over the 12-month period, "with the help of data from Pollstar Pro, the RIAA, Nielsen SoundScan as wells industry veterans, the musicians' handlers and some of the artists themselves."
Also making the list were Taylor Hicks, Kellie Pickler, Chris Daughtry, Katharine McPhee and Scotty McCreery.
According to Forbes, the five top-earning American Idol alumni are:
1. Carrie Underwood
2. Kelly Clarkson
3. Phillip Phillips, Adam Lambert (tied)
4. Chris Daughtry
See the rest of Forbes' Idol calculations here.
Which Idol alum will rise through the ranks in 2014? Sound off in the comments below.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Lincoln's Ghost Has Surprising Response To Donald Trump's Gettysburg Speech
- If Leonardo DiCaprio's Climate Doc Doesn't Make You Care About The Planet, Nothing Will
- You'll Go Gaga Over James Corden's Latest 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Deepak Chopra Breaks Down Everything That's Spiritually Wrong With Donald Trump
- Lady Gaga Sings Along to 'Bad Romance' in 'Carpool Karaoke' Promo - Watch Now!
- President Obama Digs Donald Trump While Reading Mean Tweets on 'Kimmel' - Watch It!
- Alessandra Ambrosio Hits the Beach in a Bikini Before Attending 'Elle' Women In Hollywood Awards
- Amy Adams, Lupita Nyong’o & Helen Mirren Celebrate Their Honor at 'Elle' Women In Hollywood Awards