Carrie Underwood is Top-Earning 'American Idol' Alum
Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Phillip Phillips and Adam Lambert also made Forbes' annual list.
And the winner is ... Carrie Underwood, for being American Idol's top-earning alum, according to Forbes' annual list.
The country singer raked in approximately $31 million between June 2012 through June 2013, playing 100 shows on tour and signing endorsement deals with the likes of Olay. Over the past five years, Forbes estimates that has she has earned $83 million.
Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Phillip Phillips and Adam Lambert also made the ranks, which estimated pretax earnings over the 12-month period, "with the help of data from Pollstar Pro, the RIAA, Nielsen SoundScan as wells industry veterans, the musicians' handlers and some of the artists themselves."
Also making the list were Taylor Hicks, Kellie Pickler, Chris Daughtry, Katharine McPhee and Scotty McCreery.
According to Forbes, the five top-earning American Idol alumni are:
1. Carrie Underwood
2. Kelly Clarkson
3. Phillip Phillips, Adam Lambert (tied)
4. Chris Daughtry
See the rest of Forbes' Idol calculations here.
Which Idol alum will rise through the ranks in 2014? Sound off in the comments below.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game