Carrie Underwood is Top-Earning 'American Idol' Alum
Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Phillip Phillips and Adam Lambert also made Forbes' annual list.
And the winner is ... Carrie Underwood, for being American Idol's top-earning alum, according to Forbes' annual list.
The country singer raked in approximately $31 million between June 2012 through June 2013, playing 100 shows on tour and signing endorsement deals with the likes of Olay. Over the past five years, Forbes estimates that has she has earned $83 million.
Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Phillip Phillips and Adam Lambert also made the ranks, which estimated pretax earnings over the 12-month period, "with the help of data from Pollstar Pro, the RIAA, Nielsen SoundScan as wells industry veterans, the musicians' handlers and some of the artists themselves."
Also making the list were Taylor Hicks, Kellie Pickler, Chris Daughtry, Katharine McPhee and Scotty McCreery.
According to Forbes, the five top-earning American Idol alumni are:
1. Carrie Underwood
2. Kelly Clarkson
3. Phillip Phillips, Adam Lambert (tied)
4. Chris Daughtry
See the rest of Forbes' Idol calculations here.
Which Idol alum will rise through the ranks in 2014? Sound off in the comments below.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- #BeenRapedNeverReported Trending On Twitter As Women Share Stories Of Sexual Violence
- The Abu Dhabi Diaries: Through The Valley, Into an Iraqi Odyssey and All for a Labour of Love
- Chatting with Genesis' Mike Rutherford, Kasim Sulton and Sallie Ford, Plus a Jerry Joseph & The Jackmormons Exclusive
- Jorge Garcia Makes The Most Of 'Hawaii Five-O'