Casey Abrams to Perform With Jack Black on 'Idol' Finale
Ellen DeGeneres stuns Abrams with the news Friday.
Ellen DeGeneres had good news for ousted American Idol contestant Casey Abrams on Friday -- he's going to perform on the Idol finale with Jack Black.
Black might seem like a unlikely choice for a music program that has featured performances from industry bigwigs like Prince and Tony Bennett but he actually got his start in the band Tenacious D. Comedy plays a big part in Tenacious D's act, but Black and partner Kyle Gass actually do play guitars and write their own songs.
Abrams was voted off Idol on April 28 based on a performance of "Hi De Ho" on the Carole King-themed episode. He received a standing ovation from Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler after his fate was revealed. He performed his signature tune, "I Put a Spell on You," as his swan song, which was capped off by an embrace with his rumored beau, Haley Reinhart.
Watch his Ellen appearance below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Will Ferrell Finally Celebrates His 15th Birthday With An Epic Celebrity Drum-Off
- Actor Jason George From Grey's Anatomy Talks About Gun Violence and Social Justice
- Celebrities, Politicians Meet Up For 2016 White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Kate Hudson Rocks Cheeky Pink Fringe Bikini For Vegas Girls Trip
- Drake Says Views Sold 620,000 Copies Overnight
- Prince’s Cornucopia of 2,000+ Unreleased Songs Has Reportedly Been Opened
- The Original Ghostbusters is Returning to Theaters For a Very Limited, Very Spooky Engagement
- Jimmy Fallon and Paul Rudd's Recreation of a Styx Music Video Is So Good, It Might Transport You Back To 1981