Chris Daughtry Versus Scotty McCreery: A National Anthem Throwdown (Video)
Both "American Idol" alums sang "The Star Spangled Banner" during the World Series, but who got the viewers' vote?
American Idol was fairly well represented during the Major League Baseball World Series. That would have nothing to do with the fact that they both share a home base on Fox, of course.
Season 4 finalist, rocker Chris Daughtry sang the national anthem during Friday’s Game 7 while Season 10 winner, Scotty McCreery, country crooned “The Star Spangled Banner” last week for Game 1. So, in the spirit of good old American sportsmanship, why wouldn’t we pit the two against each other and let the fans vote? They’re used to that.
Daughtry did a traditional take on America’s tune with some edge and definitely showed how a rocker’s pipes could come in handy on the anthem.
Many fans appreciated McCreery’s spin on the song while others thought he might have been laying the country drawl down a little thick. And he even created some waves as people wondered if he had flubbed the song’s lyrics. He wouldn’t have been the first star to do so.
Watch the performances below and tell us what you think.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life