Chris Daughtry Versus Scotty McCreery: A National Anthem Throwdown (Video)
Both "American Idol" alums sang "The Star Spangled Banner" during the World Series, but who got the viewers' vote?
American Idol was fairly well represented during the Major League Baseball World Series. That would have nothing to do with the fact that they both share a home base on Fox, of course.
Season 4 finalist, rocker Chris Daughtry sang the national anthem during Friday’s Game 7 while Season 10 winner, Scotty McCreery, country crooned “The Star Spangled Banner” last week for Game 1. So, in the spirit of good old American sportsmanship, why wouldn’t we pit the two against each other and let the fans vote? They’re used to that.
Daughtry did a traditional take on America’s tune with some edge and definitely showed how a rocker’s pipes could come in handy on the anthem.
Many fans appreciated McCreery’s spin on the song while others thought he might have been laying the country drawl down a little thick. And he even created some waves as people wondered if he had flubbed the song’s lyrics. He wouldn’t have been the first star to do so.
Watch the performances below and tell us what you think.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign