Daughtry Announces Dates for First Leg of Spring Tour
The "Break the Spell" trek will bring the "American Idol" season 5 finalist to theaters throughout the east coast and midwest.
Rock band Daughtry announced the first leg of its “Break The Spell” tour, kicking off March 20 in Buffalo, New York. The 25-date AEG trek with planned stops throughout the east coast, Midwest and Canada, will bring the American Idol season 5 finalist and his four-member group to theaters for an intimate live experience.
The multi-platinum band released its third album, Break The Spell, in Nov. 2011. It was certified gold within four weeks. “We recorded a hard-hitting rock album that is primed to blow the doors off these great theaters,” says Daughtry in a release issued today. “Fans who come out are going to get an incredible show every night.”
The tour is scheduled to run until April 30 with a final gig in New York City. One dollar from each ticket sold will benefit Malaria No More, a leading humanitarian organization determined to end malaria deaths in Africa by 2015.
Support acts include Nashville pop rockers SafetySuit, whose debut These Times landed at No. 7 on the Billboard 200 album chart. Singer-songwriter Mike Sanchez will also open.
AEG has a complete list of onsale dates on its website.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration