Danny Gokey Welcomes a Son
The "American Idol" alum's first child with wife Leyicet arrived Sunday.
Danny Gokey is a dad.
The American Idol season-eight alum and wife Leyicet welcomed their first child, a son named Daniel Emanuel Gokey, on Sunday night, People magazine reports.
The little one weighed in at 8 pounds, 11 ounces, Gokey announced, releasing this statement:
Leyicet and I are overjoyed to welcome the new member of our family. I’m ecstatic to be a first time dad and to have a new little buddy to hang out with. Thankfully, because of what I do, it will also allow me the flexibility to spend a lot of quality time with him. I have so many exciting projects ahead this year but a brand new baby is an amazing way to get the new year started. We feel really blessed!
The 32-year-old Gokey, whose first wife died in 2008 following an operation for congenital heart disease, married Leyicet, a 26-year-old model, in January 2012.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup