Danny Gokey Welcomes a Son
The "American Idol" alum's first child with wife Leyicet arrived Sunday.
Danny Gokey is a dad.
The American Idol season-eight alum and wife Leyicet welcomed their first child, a son named Daniel Emanuel Gokey, on Sunday night, People magazine reports.
The little one weighed in at 8 pounds, 11 ounces, Gokey announced, releasing this statement:
Leyicet and I are overjoyed to welcome the new member of our family. I’m ecstatic to be a first time dad and to have a new little buddy to hang out with. Thankfully, because of what I do, it will also allow me the flexibility to spend a lot of quality time with him. I have so many exciting projects ahead this year but a brand new baby is an amazing way to get the new year started. We feel really blessed!
The 32-year-old Gokey, whose first wife died in 2008 following an operation for congenital heart disease, married Leyicet, a 26-year-old model, in January 2012.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Sweet Painting Lady: Ciara McAvoy Resurrects the Art of the Movie Poster
- Illustrators Protest Qatar's Alleged World Cup Labor Abuses With Redesigned Logos
- Let Rapping Big Bird Make Your Day As He Throws Down To Big Pun's 'Still Not A Player'
- This Creative Bride And Groom Had A Bunch Of Puppets Officiate Their Wedding
- Dang, Kanye West Settled That Lawsuit Over His 'Bound 2' Sample
- Lenny Jacobson on the Crazy Big Time In Hollywood, FL Finale, and Why the Show Makes for a Perfect Binge-Watch
- Batman Spotted on Suicide Squad Set Doing Batman Stuff
- Jeremy Renner Reenacted Wedding Crashers, Except for That Very Long, Unfunny Part in the Third Act