'American Idol's' David Archuleta To Begin Shooting Philippine TV Series
The 20-year-old season 7 runner-up also recently announced that he would be putting music on hold for a two-year Mormon Mission.
David Archuleta is giving acting a shot.
The American Idol season 7 runner-up is set to begin shooting a TV series in the Phillipines. According to the AP, Archuleta was welcomed with flower garlands at the Manila airport by his Filipino co-stars, Jasmine Curtis-Smith and Eula Caballero, on Friday. Together, the group will be shooting the TV5 drama over the course of a few weeks.
“Landed safely! Hellooo Manila!!!” Archie tweeted upon arrival. “And thanks for the warm welcome!!”
The singer added that fans can follow his new adventure on FollowArchuleta.ph, where several local video clips have already been posted. The project will be Archuleta’s first television acting gig.
Archuleta made headlines in December after announcing that he would be taking a hiatus from music to embark on a two-year Mormon mission. During a tour stop in Salt Lake City, the Murray, Utah native said: “It’s not because someone told me I was supposed to do it and not because I no longer want to do music anymore. It’s because it’s what I feel I need to do next in my life.”
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Allow One Direction To Romance You In Their 'Night Changes' Music Video
- 2014 Latin Grammys Shared The Spotlight With Obama But Still Shone Brightly
- Chatting with Chris Botti and Madeleine Peyroux, Plus Twin Hidden Covers "Yellow Flicker Beat"
- Taylor Swift And Selena Gomez Have A Super Fun Girls Night With Ellie Goulding
- Connie Britton & Taylor Kitsch Have a 'Friday Night Lights' Reunion
- The Vamps Rock Out with Special Performance at Just Jared's Homecoming Dance Presented by Ever After High!
- One Direction Take The Cutest Selfie Ever On 'Kimmel' & Premiere 'Night Changes' Music Video
- Prince Harry Calls Out Charities 'Built Around Egos'