'American Idol's' David Archuleta To Begin Shooting Philippine TV Series
The 20-year-old season 7 runner-up also recently announced that he would be putting music on hold for a two-year Mormon Mission.
David Archuleta is giving acting a shot.
The American Idol season 7 runner-up is set to begin shooting a TV series in the Phillipines. According to the AP, Archuleta was welcomed with flower garlands at the Manila airport by his Filipino co-stars, Jasmine Curtis-Smith and Eula Caballero, on Friday. Together, the group will be shooting the TV5 drama over the course of a few weeks.
“Landed safely! Hellooo Manila!!!” Archie tweeted upon arrival. “And thanks for the warm welcome!!”
The singer added that fans can follow his new adventure on FollowArchuleta.ph, where several local video clips have already been posted. The project will be Archuleta’s first television acting gig.
Archuleta made headlines in December after announcing that he would be taking a hiatus from music to embark on a two-year Mormon mission. During a tour stop in Salt Lake City, the Murray, Utah native said: “It’s not because someone told me I was supposed to do it and not because I no longer want to do music anymore. It’s because it’s what I feel I need to do next in my life.”
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- The Cast Of 'Scandal' Looked Perfectly At Home In The Real White House
- 'Jungle Book' Continues To Rule The Box Office As 'Mother's Day' Fails To Impress
- Patton Oswalt Shares Touching Quote From 7-Year-Old Daughter After Wife's Death
- DJ Khaled Was 'Talking Mogul Talk' With Arianna Huffington At White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Terrence Malick's Voyage of Time Is Getting an Official Release After a 30-Year Production
- Female Filmmakers Have it Just as Rough in Europe as They Do in Hollywood
- Captain America Brings Freedom To Foreign Lands With $200 Million Overseas Opening
- Mads Mikkelsen Wants to See Hannibal Return Just As Much As You Do