David Archuleta Gets New Haircut for Mormon Mission (Video)
The "American Idol" season-seven runner-up trims his Bieber-style mane for a cleaner, church-approved 'do.
While David Archuleta put his music career on hold to embark on a two-year Mormon mission, the American Idol alum is not completely out of the spotlight.
Archuleta, runner-up to champ David Cook in season seven, has posted a new video update on his journey serving with the LDS (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints): looking happy yet wistful, the 20-year-old prepared to say goodbye to his Bieber-esque 'do, per church tradition.
"You have to keep it short and clean, and nicely cut, so I'm going to go do that now," the singer and sometime actor said of his impending haircut. "This is the last time it'll be this long for the next couple years." He added: "I kinda need one anyway."
Archuleta, who hails from Murray, Utah, announced his faith-inspired musical departure in December at the Salt Lake City concert stop of his My Kind of Christmas Tour.
"It's not because someone told me I was supposed to do it and not because I no longer want to do music anymore," he told the crowd. “It’s because it’s what I feel I need to do next in my life. It’s the same feeling that I’ve always tried to follow in my life -- the feeling that’s allowed me to have the opportunities I’ve had, the challenges and the blessings, too. And I’ve learned to trust that feeling and answer when it calls. That’s the reason why I know I have to do this in my life."
As part of the LDS full-time mission, Archuleta must follow a code of standards including a conservative dress code (ties, dark pants, white dress shirts), an early wake-up call of 6:30 a.m. and two phone calls allowed per year, on Christmas Day and Mother's Day.
See Archuleta's hair announcement below.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- New 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Teaser Brings Us 'All The Way' To The Dark Side
- GOP Donors Have No Plan To Stop Trump
- After Paris, the Show Must Go on. Broadway at White House Kristen Chenoweth, Gloria Estefan, Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Washington Redskins Bring Back Insensitive Thanksgiving Tradition For Another Year
- Victoria Justice Splits From Pierson Fode (Exclusive)
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Had a 'Hot Date' This Week & It Wasn't With Jason Statham!
- Mariah Carey Hits Thanksgiving Day Parade, Sings 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' (Video)
- Prince Harry Gives Touching Tribute to Princess Diana at Children’s Centre Opening