Did Mariah Carey Call Nicki Minaj 'Satan?' (Video)
The pop diva opens up about her "American Idol" experience, describing it as "going to work every day in hell with Satan."
Mariah Carey's American Idol journey was more like a Highway to Hell, according to the singer in a recent interview on New York radio station Hot 97.
"Honestly, I thought it was gonna be a three-person panel. They gave me a nice dangling monetary moment,” she said.
Carey did not directly address her public feud with former judge Nicki Minaj, but she did describe an unhappy work environment.
“It was like going to work every day in hell with Satan,” she said.
She stopped short of naming any devil (or Minaj) in particular. “Nah, I’m just playing. It didn’t affect me that much. I was disappointed."
She wasn't all negative.
"I loved the contestants," she said. "Some of them were so good and also really good people, you could tell, it was disappointing that...for political reasons they would not put people through."
"I like being in the studio better and going on my own tours," she told interviewer Angie Martinez.
The iconic singer is currently promoting her new single, "The Art of Letting Go." She is planning on releasing a new CD in February 2014, which she promises will be more "classic Mariah."
Watch the interview below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Music and Sweets: A Perfect Combo for a Late Night Bakery
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leak Online, Other Celebs Targeted
- Todd English Arrested, Charged With DWI
- Paul Wesley & Phoebe Tonkin Get Cuddly at U.S. Open 2014
- Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, & Austin Butler Get in a Group Workout!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Fly Out of Venice After Attending Film Festival Together
- Jenny McCarthy's Wedding Dress Revealed! See Photos of Her & Donnie Wahlberg At Their Wedding