Fantasia Barrino Thanks Fans for Support After Baby's Birth
The Season Three "Idol" champ has not revealed the identity of her new son's father.
Former American Idol contestant Fantasia Barrino says she feels "blessed" and grateful for fans' support following the birth of her second child Tuesday.
The boy, Dallas Xavier Barrino, was born in North Carolina and weighed 7 pounds, nine ounces.
Barrino told People magazine in a statement, "I feel so blessed that my son Dallas Xavier was born healthy, and is a wonderful new addition to our family. I thank all my fans for their well wishes and continued support."
Barrino, who has not revealed the identity of the baby's father, has a 10-year-old daughter. She announced her pregnancy at a concert in August. And while she did not officially say who the father was at that time, many believe it is Antwaun Cook, a married man she has been dating on and off for more than a year.
A year ago, in August 2010, a North Carolina woman filed for divorce, alleging that her husband, Cook, had engaged in an affair with Barrino. The affair allegedly led to her husband becoming more and more withdrawn from their marriage. The lawsuit references a sex tape that Barrino allegedly made with Cook.
That same month, Fantasia was hospitalized for an overdose of aspirin and a sleep aid. She later said that her suicide attempt was a result of the increased pressure from the media attention due to the alleged sex tape and affair scandal.
Barrino won the third season of American Idol in 2004.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm
- Chloe Moretz Wins Fans Favorite Actress Award at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Ian Somerhalder: 'The Vampire Diaries' Wins Best Threesome at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Nikki Reed & Kellan Lutz Have a 'Twilight' Reunion at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!