Fifth Harmony and Jordin Sparks React to Simon Cowell Baby News
How will Simon Cowell rate as a father? Fifth Harmony and Jordin Sparks respond with a thumbs up.
Although he didn’t appear at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards at Brooklyn's Barclays Center, Simon Cowell was very much on the minds of those who got an up-close look at the X Factor judge’s paternal instincts.
Asked how the 53-year-old Brit will fare as a new father, X Factor alums Fifth Harmony and American Idol season six winner Jordin Sparks gave Cowell a thumbs up.
“Simon’s an amazing person who was like a father to us when we were on the show,” said the Fifth Harmony girls in unison. “We are really excited to see how he’s going to deal with his new child.”
If Cowell needs any help, all five girls -- Camila Cabello, Normani Hamilton, Lauren Jauregui, Allyson Hernandez and Dinah Jane Hansen -- said they could be persuaded to babysit.
Sparks felt that Cowell could use the challenge of parenthood in his life.
“I think he needs a little butt-kicking of his own,” Sparks said with a laugh. “A child is a blessing, but he’s got a lot of work ahead."
All kidding aside, Sparks is confident Cowell will prevail, as he already has training in being tough, yet firm.
“He’s great,” she said. “He was always nice to me [on American Idol]. He said what he had to say about your performance, but it made us better.”
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!