Haley Reinhart Reveals Post 'American Idol' Plans
The eliminated contestant says she hopes to make a 'bluesy rock' album.
Last night American Idol contestant Haley Reinhart was eliminated from the competition (Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery remain). Today, the singer spoke to Billboard during Idol's weekly conference call about performing with her dad, her regrets and her plans for the future.
What did it mean to perform with your parents this week?
My parents have basically just taught me the rules of the stage and everything since I was eight...It's always been a dream of mine to get somewhere, and just as important to me, it would be an honor to have my mom, my dad, to have them with me up there. So I got to go back home and play with their band, and having (her father) on stage and actually getting to give him a couple licks and show America what he could do, that was just so special to me.
In hindsight, would you have done anything differently on Wednesday?
I don't live in regret, really. There's of course gonna be some things, and I do nitpick. I'm a Virgo. Other than that, I don't regret anything. Each step along this way has gotten me to where I am today. Each song and the genres I got to show off in the early stages of everything, I wouldn't trade that for the world. I got to show versatility, and I'm proud to do that.
You covered a lot of territory on the show. What would you like your album to be like?
I have a lot of ideas, even from now into the future, of what I'd like to do. I would love to do an album that's like sultry, bluesy rock. I absolutely love jazz, so if I can slip that in there somewhere or even in the future get more into jazz...(But) I definitely am loving the sultry, bluesy rock feel.
If you could work with some of the folks you met and worked with on the show, who would it be?
Well, Steven (Tyler), y'know. I love classic rock. Just growing up with rock 'n' roll in my life, if I could so something with him that would be fantastic. Otherwise there's plenty of people out there I would love to collaborate with. I adore Corinne Bailey Rae. I adore Esperanza Spalding,Janelle Monae -- those three women, I believe, are very unique and powerful in their own ways. I hope to do something just as cool.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- OMG, Nigel Farage Looks And Laughs Like Vizzini From 'Princess Bride'
- "Independence Day: Resurgence" Should Have Been Better - Much Better
- Kylie Jenner Giving Tyga 'Another Shot' At Grossing Us Out For Years To Come
- Kanye West Sleeps Off Orgy With Taylor Swift And Donald Trump In 'Famous' Music Video
- Chris Martin Says Rihanna's Voice is Like a \"Beautifully Squeezed Tube of Toothpaste\"
- Jay Z Just Released a Documentary to Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of 'Reasonable Doubt'
- 'Hamilton' Will Perform a Fundraiser For Hillary Clinton on July 12th
- Bill Cunningham Thought Every New Yorker Was Worth Photographing