'Idol' Alum Danny Gokey's Autobiography Due in October
"Hope in Front of Me: Find Purpose in Your Darkest Moments" will be the singer's first book.
This fall, Danny Gokey can now add another title to his list of accomplishments: author.
The American Idol alum will release his first book, Hope in Front of Me: Find Purpose in Your Darkest Moments. Gokey collaborated with Ben Stroup on the book, to be published by NavPress. The autobiography will be available on Oct. 1, both in print and digital formats.
According to the press release, the book will chronicle the singer’s Idol experience before and after his participation on the Fox show in 2009. Gokey famously competed on the singing competition four weeks after the heartbreaking death of his wife, Sophia. The book will include personal stories and illustrations, and will challenge readers “to find purpose in their darkest moments and leave a legacy for others by investing in things that really matter.”
“It has been a gratifying process to be able to share the parts of my story that many people may not know. My hope is that people can find a part of their story in mine and that it will inspire hope in others,” Gokey said. “There are new beginnings. You can recover after devastating loss. Your past does not have to define you or your future. And the greatest part of my story is that helping others brings healing to you and those you help. NavPress really caught the vision for what I am trying to accomplish and I’m delighted to be working with such a supportive, creative team on this project.”
In addition to the book, Gokey has new music on the way, as he is in the final stages of recording an upcoming CD due for release in early 2014. The 33-year old Milwaukee, Wis. native is currently in the studio with producers Keith Thomas and Bernie Herms, and already has a lead single which will be available in October.
Gokey’s debut CD, My Best Days, debuted at No. 4 on Billboard’s top 200 chart.
The new father is also the founder of Sophia’s Heart Foundation in honor of his late wife. He runs the charity with his second wife, Leyicet, whom he wed in 2012.
The organization’s goals are to provide hope and help to homeless families, provide scholarships to deserving students, and operate a thriving inner-city music and arts program.
He also runs his own eyewear line, The Danny Gokey Eyewear Collection, Long Island.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes the Washington Redskins Wouldn't Change Their Name
- Jennifer Lawrence Introduces Honoree Elizabeth Banks at Elle Women in Hollywood (Video)
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!