'Idol' Casey Abrams Speaks Out on Elimination
He blames his elimination on a “scratchy” voice after his duet with Haley Reinhart.
Casey Abrams wasn't too surprised to get voted off American Idol Thursday night.
"Being up on that stage… I just had this feeling. I was just ready to sing," he said on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show Friday. STORY: 25 things you didn't see on Thursday's show
He's not too upset about the results: "I'm way better than I expected to be."
As for who's next, Abrams said, "I don't think I'm going to be surprised who goes next because there's so much talent all around me."
When Seacrest remarked that he seemed anxious before the show, Abrams said it was "about the group song… [and] of course I was a little nervous about going home that day. I was feeling it."
Abrams -- who was saved by judges earlier in the season -- says the performance night was "tough because I don't know a lot about Carole King." Still, he thinks "Hi De Ho" was "the perfect song."
"Maybe I was a little weary. I had just done that duet with Haley [Reinhart], and used a lot of energy and I loved doing it. Maybe my voice was a little scratchy. I had fun doing it on stage though.
As for those rumors that he's dating Reinhart? "I like hanging out with her. We have the same sense of humor," he said, denying that it's anything more. "I'm going to miss doing some jazzy duets with [her]."
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Amy Schumer Responds To 'Formation' Parody Backlash With Topless Photo
- Rihanna And Missy Elliott Get Involved In Search For Missing Backup Dancer
- Tom Hanks Asks Zoltar To Make Him A 'Big' Kid Again In Hilarious 'Late Show' Skit
- Television Legend Norman Lear Goes In Front of The Camera in New Documentary
- The Walking Dead Season-7 Premiere Is Likely the Most-Watched Episode of the Series Ever
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on The Walking Dead Premiere: 'It Was Just So Fucking Heavy'
- Tom Hanks Revisits Zoltar and Wishes to Be Big Again, Which, at This Point, Really Means Small
- Random Questions for Ricky Gervais Lead to Answers About Cucumbers and Pendulums on Tonight Show