'Idol' Casey Abrams Speaks Out on Elimination
He blames his elimination on a “scratchy” voice after his duet with Haley Reinhart.
Casey Abrams wasn't too surprised to get voted off American Idol Thursday night.
"Being up on that stage… I just had this feeling. I was just ready to sing," he said on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show Friday. STORY: 25 things you didn't see on Thursday's show
He's not too upset about the results: "I'm way better than I expected to be."
As for who's next, Abrams said, "I don't think I'm going to be surprised who goes next because there's so much talent all around me."
When Seacrest remarked that he seemed anxious before the show, Abrams said it was "about the group song… [and] of course I was a little nervous about going home that day. I was feeling it."
Abrams -- who was saved by judges earlier in the season -- says the performance night was "tough because I don't know a lot about Carole King." Still, he thinks "Hi De Ho" was "the perfect song."
"Maybe I was a little weary. I had just done that duet with Haley [Reinhart], and used a lot of energy and I loved doing it. Maybe my voice was a little scratchy. I had fun doing it on stage though.
As for those rumors that he's dating Reinhart? "I like hanging out with her. We have the same sense of humor," he said, denying that it's anything more. "I'm going to miss doing some jazzy duets with [her]."
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Jon Gosselin Performs DJ Gig At An Empty New Jersey Bowling Alley
- A Few Words on Russell Tovey and Why If It Weren't for My Father, I Wouldn't Be a Faggot
- Giorgio Armani Kicks Madonna While She's Down About THAT Cape
- Is 'Bachelor' Star Chris Soules The Mystery Contestant On 'Dancing With The Stars'?
- Bobby Brown's Family Filming Reality Series During Bobbi Kristina Brown's Hospitalization
- Kanye West Tells Oxford Students: If I Can Remove My Ego, 'There's Hope For Everyone'
- Dakota Johnson Cut 'SNL' Sketch: Anastasia Steele Visits New Red Room in 'Fifty Shades' Sequel
- Taylor Schilling & Jackie Cruz Form Strong Bond Outside of 'Orange is the New Black'