'Idol' Casey Abrams Speaks Out on Elimination
He blames his elimination on a “scratchy” voice after his duet with Haley Reinhart.
Casey Abrams wasn't too surprised to get voted off American Idol Thursday night.
"Being up on that stage… I just had this feeling. I was just ready to sing," he said on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show Friday. STORY: 25 things you didn't see on Thursday's show
He's not too upset about the results: "I'm way better than I expected to be."
As for who's next, Abrams said, "I don't think I'm going to be surprised who goes next because there's so much talent all around me."
When Seacrest remarked that he seemed anxious before the show, Abrams said it was "about the group song… [and] of course I was a little nervous about going home that day. I was feeling it."
Abrams -- who was saved by judges earlier in the season -- says the performance night was "tough because I don't know a lot about Carole King." Still, he thinks "Hi De Ho" was "the perfect song."
"Maybe I was a little weary. I had just done that duet with Haley [Reinhart], and used a lot of energy and I loved doing it. Maybe my voice was a little scratchy. I had fun doing it on stage though.
As for those rumors that he's dating Reinhart? "I like hanging out with her. We have the same sense of humor," he said, denying that it's anything more. "I'm going to miss doing some jazzy duets with [her]."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead