Jason Aldean Engaged to Former 'American Idol' Contestant
Season 11's Brittany Kerr finally advances to the next round
Jason Aldean, country star and subject of Billboard's most recent cover story, proposed to his girlfriend Brittany Kerr on Tuesday at the San Diego Zoo.
Aldean ended his previous marriage to start a relationship with Kerr, a former American Idol contestant (she auditioned for season 11). This earned the singer some negative attention. He complained recently to Billboard: "I could go post something on my page right now that says, 'Hey, we just donated $5 million to a children's cancer research center,' and somebody would get on there and go, 'You're an asshole cheater.'"
Kerr posted an Instagram photo of herself at the zoo with the caption, "My man did it again. Today was amazing." Aldean's rep confirmed the engagement to People magazine.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Monty Python’s Michael Palin on Terry Jones: ‘The Progress of His Dementia Has Been Painful to Watch’
- California Just Passed A Law Requiring IMDb To Remove Ages Upon Request
- You’ll Never Find a Better Judi Dench Impression Than in the Trailer for Tracey Ullman’s Show, We Guarantee It
- The Newsroom Meets Mad Men in the First Trailer for Amazon’s Good Girls Revolt
- Leonardo DiCaprio & Nina Agdal Grab Low-Key Meal at Cipriani
- Gigi Hadid Steps Out for 'TommyxGigi' Launch Event in Milan
- Nicole Richie Celebrates Birthday with Joel Madden, Cameron Diaz, Kate Hudson, & More at Disco-Themed Party!
- Adriana Lima & Joan Smalls Hit the Runway at the Bottega Veneta Show during Milan Fashion Week