Jennifer Hudson: 'American Idol' Has Had Its Moment
The season three alum said the Fox show that started her career should bow out "gracefully."
Season three American Idol alum Jennifer Hudson certainly has had her share of success since finishing seventh in the Fox singing competition, but she thinks the show that gave many singers their starts in the entertainment business should pack it in while it's still relevant.
Speaking to Celebuzz at a Los Angeles event promoting her new film, The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete, the Oscar winner said that the program "should allow itself to go out on top … and gracefully."
"Everything has its time," said the Dreamgirls star, who said she still has a soft spot for the show that introduced her to the public. "American Idol has changed the face of television. So, not everyone can say that. And it's always been a phenomenon. I'm proud to have come from American Idol, so I just say, 'Go out on top.' "
What do you think, Worshippers? Do you agree with J-Hud? Let us know in the comments below.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!