Jennifer Hudson to Headline Carnival Cruise Concerts, Premieres New Video With T.I.
The season three alum will headline Carnival's "Carnival Live" Concert series with Daughtry, Chicago, Gavin DeGraw, Jewel and others, kicking off this April.
Just before she auditioned for American Idol, Jennifer Hudson had a gig singing on the high seas for a Disney cruise ship.
Several years and one Oscar later, the season 3 alum is about to do it again -- as the headlining act for Carnival Cruise lines' new concert series called Carnival Live, reports the Associated Press.
For Hudson, her new endeavor is a "full circle" moment. "I used to work on a cruise ship, a long time ago," said Hudson before performing at a Carnival news conference in midtown Manhattan. "That's what I did before I did American Idol."
Hudson will perform June 18 on Carnival Ecstasy and June 19 on Carnival Breeze, both in Cozumel, Mexico.
Hudson isn’t the only Idol setting a course for an open smile on a friendly shore. Season 5 alum Chris Daughtry’s band, Daughtry, is also confirmed for the series.
Other acts announced include Chicago, Foreigner, Gavin DeGraw, Jewel, Kansas, Lady Antebellum, LeAnn Rimes, Martina McBride, Olivia Newton-John, REO Speedwagon, STYX and Trace Adkins. STYX will kick off the series on April 7 with a show on board the Fantasy in Nassau. While all eight ships will be participating, tickets will only be available to those taking the cruise.
Hudson’s announcement comes the same day she premieres her new video, "I Can’t Describe (The Way I Feel)," featuring T.I, produced by Pharrell. Earlier this week, the singer performed for First Lady Michelle Obama’s 50th birthday celebration.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet