Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Split From Marc Anthony
“I will always respect Marc as a singer and performer,” the "American Idol" judge tells Vanity Fair.
In the September issue of Vanity Fair, American Idol judge Jennifer Lopez talks about trying to save her marriage to Marc Anthony.
"That was my biggest dream, and I really worked hard at it. We both did,” Lopez tells the magazine, which hits stands on Aug. 4 -- less than a month after the couple announced their divorce on July 15.
"Sometimes it doesn’t work—and that’s sad. But I remain an eternal optimist about love. I believe in love,” Lopez goes on. “It’s still my biggest dream. I am positive—determined to move forward with my life, bring up my babies, and do the best job I can as a mother, entertainer, and person. I now look forward to new challenges. I feel strong.”
"I will always respect Marc as a singer and performer. We actually work great together, and he was always very supportive. Together we could make magic—and we did," adds Lopez, who performed with Anthony on Idol this season.
"He will always be in our lives. He will always hold a special place in my heart as the father of my children," she continues, referring to their 3-year-old twins, Max and Emme.
Now that she's no longer with Anthony, she's in a better place.
"It’s not that I didn’t love myself before. Sometimes we don’t realize that we are compromising ourselves. To understand that a person is not good for you, or that that person is not treating you in the right way, or that he is not doing the right thing for himself—if I stay, then I am not doing the right thing for me. I love myself enough to walk away from that now," she says.
But Lopez, who has been married three times, says she's still "a hopeless romantic and passionate person when it comes to love."
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- Justin Bieber Shares Photo of Orlando Bloom's Ex-Wife Miranda Kerr After Fight Video Surfaces
- Charlie Hunnam Makes Up For Missing Comic-Con in Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Hides Baby Bump in Black Dress at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening
- Elizabeth Banks: 'I'm Very Genetically Blessed, I Cannot Deny It'