Justin Bieber 'Would Be Awesome' 'American Idol' Judge, Says Carly Rae Jepsen
"He's got lots of great opinions when it comes to the music world," says the singer following her performance on the season 12 finale.
Carly Rae Jepsen debuted a new song on American Idol Wednesday night. "Take a Picture," a tune written with the help of season 12 viewers via the Coca-Cola "Perfect Harmony" program, had fans contribute lyrics and performance elements in eight phases. The singer delivered the final version live on the Fox show.
Herself a graduate of Canadian Idol, where she came in third in 2007, Jepsen's advice for finalists Kree Harrison and Candice Glover: read up on the music business and find some good representation.
But while the 27-year-old insisted that she'd make a "terrible" judge ("I'd be too motherly," she said), Jepsen fully endorsed friend and fellow artist Justin Bieber for the job.
"Justin would be awesome," she told The Hollywood Reporter. "He's got lots of great opinions when it comes to the music world and he's very experienced especially for being so young."
Although there has been much speculation as to the future of the Idol panel, Keith Urban told reporters after the show that he would love to come back next year. Randy Jackson recently announced that he would be leaving the show.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- More Than a Feeling: The Importance (and Necessity) of Pixar's Inside Out
- A 'Bachelor' Casting Call Is Pretty Much Like Being In Vegas, And NOT In A Good Way
- Carrie Underwood Covers Wiz Khalifa's 'See You Again' Like A Boss
- Comedian Kurt Braunohler Is Driving A Giant Butt Across The Country, Because America Needs This
- Rick and Morty Season 2 Trailer: It’s Probably Best If Morty Started Driving the Spaceship
- Stephen Colbert Filmed a 40-Minute Public-Access Show in a Random Small Town to Remind You That, Character or Not, He’s the Best
- Paul Rudd Can’t Resist a Good Fart Joke
- What’s a Good Post-Divorce Show? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered