'American Idol' and 'X Factor' Alums Team Up for Cover of Justin Bieber's 'Boyfriend' (Video)
"Idol" season 10 semifinalist Tim Halperin and Lakoda Rayne's Hayley Orrantia tap their inner teen phenom in a hilarious clip.
American Idol Season 10 semifinalist Tim Halperin (no relation to THR music editor Shirley Halperin) has teamed up with X Factor finalist Hayley Orrantia (of Lakoda Rayne fame) for a hilariously fun cover of Justin Bieber's new single, "Boyfriend."
Orrantia and Halperin both reside in Texas, though neither is exactly an OG, as they portray in their homemade video.
Each of the finalists had a good run on their respective Fox talent shows. Orrantia, now 18, and her group Lakoda Rayne made it to ninth place while 24-year-old Halperin, an Omaha native, was eliminated in the first round of Idol's Top 24 after peforming Rob Thomas' "Streetcorner Serenade." His independent release, Rise and Fall, was released on iTunes last September.
Watch Halperin and Orrantia tap their inner Bieber in the clip below:
For American Idol news and updates, follow Idol Worship on Facebook and Twitter.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 'The Magnificent Seven' Shoots Straight To Top Of The Box Office With $35 Million Debut
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Isaiah Washington Urges All African-Americans To Boycott Work
- The Cast Of 'Will & Grace' Reunited And It Was Almost Too Adorable To Handle
- Arrest Made After Reported Hacking Of Pippa Middleton's Photos
- The Magnificent Seven Performed Magnificently at the Box Office This Weekend
- Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon Talks Beyoncé, Pepsi and Corporate Partnerships: ‘You Have to Believe in Something’
- The Nirvana Nevermind Baby Recreated the Famous Cover and He Looks Exactly the Same (No, Not Really, He Got Older)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Joins Weird Al Yankovic to Sing ‘Yoda,’ Achieving the Much Sought After Nerd Holy Trinity