'Smash's' Katharine McPhee: No 'Idol' In Sight
Katharine McPhee may have been introduced to America via her 2006 stint on Fox's American Idol.
But, if you're just hearing about McPhee for the first time, you'd never know it. The singer-turned-actress' Idol past isn't mentioned anywhere on her bio for NBC's Smash.
According to McPhee's bio, her entertainment roots appear to begin with her 2007 self-titled album, which came directly on the heels of her near-Idol win.
The network also caught flack during their marketing campaign for running ads "Introducing" the actress, as if she'd never appeared on television before.
And, this isn't the only Idol NBC has refused to acknowledge.
AI judge Steven Tyler was among the boldface names at Feb. 5's Super Bowl. The Boston native had a prime seat in New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft's box at Lucas Oil Stadium.
But, NBC's announcers did not mention Tyler's gig on Fox's singing competition show. While planned promotional mentions for network stars during such events are common, plugging a rival network's show is not.
NBC's conspicuous avoidance of McPhee's status as an American Idol alum in its copious marketing efforts for Smash no doubt might have something to do with the nets's big push for The Voice.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- A Brief Look at Will Ferrell’s Brief Involvement With a Ronald Reagan Dementia Movie
- Of Course the Cheesecake Factory Responded to Drake’s Views Shout-out With a Meme
- Elisabeth Moss Will Star in Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale, Trading the Sexist Past of Mad Men for the Sexist Future of Gilead
- Why the Ghostbusters Trailer Is the Most-Hated Movie Trailer on YouTube
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Say Their Football Rivalries Test Their Love
- Taylor Swift & Selena Gomez Are Going to the Met Ball Together!
- Daya & The Chainsmokers Defy Gravity in 'Don't Let Me Down' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Adriana Lima Found the Only 'Gringo' at the Billboard Latin Music Awards - Andy Samberg!