Keith Urban Launches Line of Haiti-Manufactured Graphic Tees
The country singer and "American Idol" judge has partnered with Industrial Revolution II and Raphael Mazzucco for the social impact project.
Sure, Simon Cowell and his signature black crew-neck tees may seem ancient to American Idol viewers, now that Keith Urban is officially the singing show's reigning T-shirt king. And now, the country singer has launched his own line of graphic tees.
By Keith Urban -- which offers $60 tees for men and women featuring paint cans, se ahorses, key chains and American flag-printed trailers -- sees the Idol judge partnering with artist/fashion photographer Raphael Mazzucco. The line is manufactured by Industrial Revolution II, a garment factory in Haiti that invests 50 percent of its profits into the employees, families and local communities.
"I've always loved cool, interesting T-shirts and wanted to share that passion, but only if I could do it in a fun collaborative way -- with social impact that can help make a difference," wrote Urban in a statement on the site. "We've created a collection we love that is manufactured with the philosophy of reinvesting back into the communities and the team members."
Urban's tees aren't Mazzucco's first connection to Idol, as he previously worked with longtime show mentor Jimmy Iovine of Interscope on Culo by Mazzucco -- which is, yes, a book of celebrity bum portraits, including those of Lady Gaga, Nicole Scherzinger and Stacy Keibler. Diddy was listed as the hardcover's executive editor.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Matthew McConaughey’s Amazing Speech to the University of Texas Football Team Is a Perfect Way to Start Your Day
- Viola Davis Finally Gets the Lead Role She’s Been Waiting for in How to Get Away With Murder
- Watch Jennifer Garner and John Mulaney Play Catchphrase
- Adam Sandler Inks Exclusive Four-Film Deal With Netflix
- Emma Stone's 'Zombieland 2' Involvement is Unknown
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take Legal Action, Accuse Photographer of Harassing Prince George
- Nick Jonas Grabs Himself, Shows His Butt Crack in These Shirtless Pics - See The Hot Photos Here!
- Celebrities Threaten Google with $100 Million Lawsuit Over Leaked Nude Images