Keith Urban Launches Line of Haiti-Manufactured Graphic Tees
The country singer and "American Idol" judge has partnered with Industrial Revolution II and Raphael Mazzucco for the social impact project.
Sure, Simon Cowell and his signature black crew-neck tees may seem ancient to American Idol viewers, now that Keith Urban is officially the singing show's reigning T-shirt king. And now, the country singer has launched his own line of graphic tees.
By Keith Urban -- which offers $60 tees for men and women featuring paint cans, se ahorses, key chains and American flag-printed trailers -- sees the Idol judge partnering with artist/fashion photographer Raphael Mazzucco. The line is manufactured by Industrial Revolution II, a garment factory in Haiti that invests 50 percent of its profits into the employees, families and local communities.
"I've always loved cool, interesting T-shirts and wanted to share that passion, but only if I could do it in a fun collaborative way -- with social impact that can help make a difference," wrote Urban in a statement on the site. "We've created a collection we love that is manufactured with the philosophy of reinvesting back into the communities and the team members."
Urban's tees aren't Mazzucco's first connection to Idol, as he previously worked with longtime show mentor Jimmy Iovine of Interscope on Culo by Mazzucco -- which is, yes, a book of celebrity bum portraits, including those of Lady Gaga, Nicole Scherzinger and Stacy Keibler. Diddy was listed as the hardcover's executive editor.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Evan Rachel Wood's 'Westworld' Character Was Inspired By This Iconic Painting
- 4 Social Media Safety Lessons To Learn From Kim Kardashian's Robbery
- Unlikely 'Bachelorette' Fan Christian Slater Explains How He Got Into The Show
- Jennifer Lawrence Will Play Zelda Fitzgerald In The Ultimate Cool Girl Mashup
- Donald Glover Is Your New Lando Calrissian in the Star Wars Han Solo Prequel
- RuPaul’s Drag Race’s Katya Has a Wild Story About a Time She Hooked Up With a Guy in Drag
- Daisy Ridley Uses Jedi Mind Tricks on a Wolf; Speculates on Rey’s Parentage
- Leonardo DiCaprio Has a New Biopic to Star In As Music Producer Sam Phillips
- Shailene Woodley Steps Out for Leonardo DiCaprio's 'Before the Flood' Premiere
- Jessica Biel Premieres 'Book of Love' at Hoosier Heartland Festival
- Azealia Banks Writes Apology Letter to Zayn Malik After Racist Twitter Remarks
- Dakota Fanning & Ewan McGregor Stop by Build Series To Talk 'American Pastoral'