Kelly Clarkson's 'Stronger' Cancer Patient Video Goes Viral (Video)
Seattle Children’s Hospital cancer patients lip-synch and dance in the video that is becoming an online sensation.
Young cancer patients and staff at Seattle Children’s Hospital are sending a message to the world.
In their now viral video, they are lip-synching and dancing to Kelly Clarkson’s hit song “Stronger,” while holding up signs that say “Fighter,” “Hope” and “Stronger,” many of them attached to IV’s and most of the children with no hair.
“It made my day. I know it’s making everybody else’s day online.” Clarkson said in a video message posted on her website. “I just can’t wait to meet you.”
The idea to go online sprouted from 22-year-old Chris Rumble, a patient at the hospital, who wanted to do something to share with his old hockey team in Wenatchee, Washington.
Rumble was diagnosed with leukemia back in April.
“I’m everyone’s big brother and I have a lot of friends here at the Seattle Children’s,” he said on the hospital‘s blog.
Dr. Douglas Hawkins said everyone involved from Seattle Children’s has been thrilled by the response.
“This morning, it was over 900,000 views. It’s really incredible,” Hawkins said Friday, adding that such projects help the kid’s maintain their spirits.
"When a child or young adult is treated for cancer, it puts their whole life on hold in a way that doesn't seem fair at all," Hawkins said. "It's a fight for their life. But there are all these other normal things they want to be doing too, or things they want to focus on other than the medicine or the illness or their time in the hospital."
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Listen to a Soulful, Previously Unreleased Track From Chance the Rapper and Donnie Trumpet
- Moviegoers Don’t Follow Alice Down the Rabbit Hole While X-Men: Apocalypse Does Damage at the Box Office
- John Carpenter Has Some Choice Words About Friday The 13th, Specifically, ‘It Just Doesn’t Rise Above Its Cheapness’
- Jesse Eisenberg Discusses Lex Luthor’s Return in Justice League, Risks Being ‘Picked Off’ By DC’s Killer Drones
- Celebrities React to Harambe the Gorilla Shooting at Cincinnati Zoo After Child Enters Enclosure - Read the Tweets
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares New Photo of Kids Apple & Moses All Grown Up!
- Liam Hemsworth Arrives in Sydney After 'August Man' Cover Reveal
- Louis Tomlinson & Danielle Campbell Attend F1 Grand Prix