Kris Allen: I Still Love 'American Idol'
The season eight champion declares he is still an "Idol" "fanatic" as he wrapped a weekend with several appearances, including the National Memorial Day parade and a Maryland concert where he unveiled his latest cover of a Justin Bieber song.
Kris Allen took to the airwaves this morning to set the record straight: He is still American Idol’s biggest fan.
Allen was taken off guard at the airport last week by a TMZ camera crew, who asked the singer if he had watched the season 11 finale. Allen, who was scheduled for a concert in Los Angeles the same night, didn’t have time to make both. However, the accompanying story conveyed the message that Allen suggested the show had run its course – something he never said.
“It was the weirdest thing ever,” said Allen during a radio interview on Washington, D.C.’s, Hot 99.5. “It seems a little fabricated to be honest. It feels like they were putting words in my mouth but they do what they do.”
Allen, whose sophomore album Thank You Camellia is expected to make a top 25 debut on the Billboard 200 on Wednesday, made it clear that he is still loyal to the program that launched his career.
“I’ve always been a huge fanatic about this show, and it’s done so many great things for me,” said the season eight champion. “It’s given me amazing opportunities to make music, and I would never, ever, ever, ever say anything that would harm the show.”
Allen had a busy Memorial Day weekend, kicking it off with a concert (and a sexy cover of Justin Bieber’s “Boyfriend") in Ocean City, Maryland.
The 26-year-old singer, whose father-in-law retired from the Air Force, also hopped a float for the National Memorial Day Parade on Monday, where he crooned an acoustic version of his single “Vision of Love.”
Watch Allen's Bieber cover below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Kylie Jenner's Rumored New Man, PartyNextDoor, Is Already Singing Songs About Her
- 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' Is No Match For 'X-Men: Apocalypse' At Weekend Box Office
- Melissa McCarthy Really Hopes The 'Ghostbusters' Haters 'Find A Friend'
- Ciara And Russell Wilson's Latest Vacation Is An Adorable Family Affair
- Listen to a Soulful, Previously Unreleased Track From Chance the Rapper and Donnie Trumpet
- Moviegoers Don’t Follow Alice Down the Rabbit Hole While X-Men: Apocalypse Does Damage at the Box Office
- John Carpenter Has Some Choice Words About Friday The 13th, Specifically, ‘It Just Doesn’t Rise Above Its Cheapness’
- Jesse Eisenberg Discusses Lex Luthor’s Return in Justice League, Risks Being ‘Picked Off’ By DC’s Killer Drones