Haley Reinhart Makes 'American Idol' History at Lollapalooza (Video)
The Season 10 alum shows off her rapping skills for her debut as the first American Idol finalist to perform at the famed rock festival.
It was a historic day for Season 10 alum Haley Reinhart, who made American Idol history as the first former contestant to perform at Chicago's Lollapalooza festival.
"It's pretty rad, I can't believe it. It's so rewarding," Reinhart told MTV News. "I'm feeling so honored to be a part of it."
The Wheeling-Illinois native lit up the crowd on a small stage on Friday, entertaining the crowd with selections from her new CD, Listen Up! Reinhart's backup band was a family affair -- her father played guitar, and her mother and sister assisted backup vocals.
Reinhart said that playing in front of the hometown audience energized her perfomance. "I let loose," she said. "I've had a little bit of experience with that and the big crowds, and live performing like this is what I really love. It's my passion. I let loose and had a ball with it."
A highlight of the set? The sexy and sultry "Oh, My!" which featured a surprise: Reinhart busted out the mid-song rap for absent guest MC, B.o.B., who delivers the rhymes on the record.
"I was just like, 'Oh, I think I got it.' I did it a couple of times. I listened to it enough that I knew it, and my adrenaline was skyrocketing," Reinhart said. "So it came kind of naturally."
Reinhart revealed that, "Oh, My!" is slated to be her next single, and she already has a treatment in mind for the video.
"I'm already jotting down ideas for that video. I've been doing it since day one so I'm really excited to film that one," she said. "I want it to be really, really kind of New Orleans authentic vibing crazy cool party club. Something crazy cool."
Check out some video of "Oh, My!" (complete with rap) below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Lena Dunham Announces Short Story Collection; Hannah Horvath Quietly Supresses Her Rage
- John Legend Has the Best Burn for People Mad About Colin Kaepernick’s National Anthem Protest
- Kevin Bacon and Jimmy Fallon Imagine What the First Draft of Tom Petty’s ‘Free Fallin’’ Looked Like
- Rick Perry, Amber Rose, and Laurie Hernandez Join Ryan Lochte on Dancing With the Stars Because America
- Leonardo DiCaprio Dines with 'Revenant' Director Alejandro Iñárritu
- James Corden Remembers Gene Wilder, Shares Email He Wrote Before Death
- Ryan Lochte on Rio Robbery Scandal: 'Everyone Has Got to Be Sick & Tired' Of Hearing About It
- Chris Brown Investigated After Woman Claims He Pulled Gun on Her (Report)