More Than 20 People Hospitalized After Keith Urban Concert in Boston
Roughly 46 people were treated for alcohol-related issues, 22 of them needing hospitalization, while police took more than 50 people into protective custody at the show.
Emergency service workers from six towns responded to numerous reports of illnesses at a Keith Urban concert in Mansfield, Mass. Officials said alcohol consumption was the likely cause.
Ambulances arrived from Eaton, Foxboro, Mansfield, North Attleboro, Norton and Plainville to help private ambulance services at the Saturday night (July 26) concert at the Xfinity Center, located about 35 miles southwest of Boston.
At about 9 p.m., Mansfield fire officials declared a mass casualty incident at the concert venue, which typically indicates a large number of people with potential illnesses or injuries.
The Sun Chronicle reports that officials requested help for a 16-year-old boy with an unspecified injury and was unresponsive.
Mansfield Deputy Fire Chief James Puleo could not confirm the number of people taken to hospitals.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- The Cannes Diaries 2015: Aishwarya, Hitchcock, Heelgate and Wajib
- Jane Fonda Discusses Why She Thought Warren Beatty Was Gay In W Magazine Interview
- "Valley of Love" at Cannes: Isabelle Huppert and Gerard Depardieu Summoned to Californian Desert by Dead Son
- B.B. King Viewing Draws More Than 1,000 In Las Vegas
- Johnny Depp Transforms into Whitey Bulgar in 'Black Mass' Teaser Trailer - Watch Now!
- John Stamos Releases Statement on Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen Not Returning For 'Full House' Revival
- Dakota Fanning Dealt With Inappropriate Questions During Childhood
- Orange is the New Black's Dascha Polanco Opens Up on Battling Depression