More Than 20 People Hospitalized After Keith Urban Concert in Boston
Roughly 46 people were treated for alcohol-related issues, 22 of them needing hospitalization, while police took more than 50 people into protective custody at the show.
Emergency service workers from six towns responded to numerous reports of illnesses at a Keith Urban concert in Mansfield, Mass. Officials said alcohol consumption was the likely cause.
Ambulances arrived from Eaton, Foxboro, Mansfield, North Attleboro, Norton and Plainville to help private ambulance services at the Saturday night (July 26) concert at the Xfinity Center, located about 35 miles southwest of Boston.
At about 9 p.m., Mansfield fire officials declared a mass casualty incident at the concert venue, which typically indicates a large number of people with potential illnesses or injuries.
The Sun Chronicle reports that officials requested help for a 16-year-old boy with an unspecified injury and was unresponsive.
Mansfield Deputy Fire Chief James Puleo could not confirm the number of people taken to hospitals.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- North West Isn't The Only Celebrity Kid To Bring The Cuteness To Halloween
- All The Creepy Laughs From 'The Twilight Zone' Because Evil Is Sometimes Hilarious
- 11 Times Mr. Bean Taught You To Embrace Your Inner Child By Acting Like One
- Miley Cyrus' Risque Dress Stood Out, But Her $500,000 Donation To Fight AIDS Stole The Show
- Daniel Radcliffe Wants to Work with Jennifer Lawrence & George Clooney
- Kate Bosworth & Michael Polish Fly Back to Los Angeles on His 44th Birthday
- Coco Rocha Shares Her Thoughts on Kendall Jenner Fashion Week Bullying Rumors
- Keira Knightley Shows Her Feminist Side By Discussing Gender Equality in 'Net-A-Porter's 'Edit' Mag