Nicki Minaj on Judging 'American Idol': 'Blowing Smoke Up Their Ass' Is a Disservice
"When I speak in a blunt way, people take that as me not loving or caring about these people, but I really do," the rapper tells THR.
Never one to mince words, American Idol season 12 judge Nicki Minaj has a very straightforward view of her judging style.
"When I speak in a blunt way, like I do, people take that as me not loving or caring about these people, but I really do," the rapper tells The Hollywood Reporter. "They are family to me. I feel like I'm not doing them a service if I blow smoke up their ass. I refuse to do that."
There's no doubt the sassy New Yorker has brought plenty of fireworks to the Fox competition. But, she insists, not one tear is fake or insincere.
Judge for yourself by viewing THR's interview with Minaj immediately following Lazaro Arbos' elimination Thursday night and let us know: Do you love or loathe Nicki Minaj on Idol?
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- The Strain Will End After One More Season of Deeply Disturbing Posters for The Strain
- Viola Davis Will Level Up From Stealing Scenes to Stealing Things in a Steve McQueen Heist Movie
- Olivier Assayas Correctly Calls Kristen Stewart the ‘Best Actress of Her Generation’
- Vulture Asks: Which TV Couple Do You Anti-Ship?
- Nick Jonas' Hawaii Mystery Girl Revealed
- Tom Holland Sports 'Hello Kitty' Pajamas While Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Scenes in Queens!
- Danielle Brooks, Lucy Liu & Cynthia Erivo Help Honor Cicely Tyson At American Theatre Wing Gala!
- Jennifer Aniston's Husband Justin Theroux Comments on Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Divorce