Nicki Minaj in New 'American Idol' Promo: No One Comes Close to This Show (Video)
The rookie judge talks about making dreams come true in a new spot, which aired during "X Factor's" Wednesday night episode.
No one's ever going to touch American Idol. They'll never come close."
So says Nicki Minaj in the latest promotional spot for the Fox singing competition. The commercial, which aired during Wednesday night's X Factor, featured Minaj in a more professional role as the Young Money singer-rapper elaborated on the Season 12 theme of "dreams."
"You are finding someone right before they become a superstar, and hopefully you are going to help to mold that journey and make them a better artist," she said.
American Idol returns Jan. 16.
What do you think of the serious side of Nicki, Worshippers?
Watch the clip below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!