Nicki Minaj in New 'American Idol' Promo: No One Comes Close to This Show (Video)
The rookie judge talks about making dreams come true in a new spot, which aired during "X Factor's" Wednesday night episode.
No one's ever going to touch American Idol. They'll never come close."
So says Nicki Minaj in the latest promotional spot for the Fox singing competition. The commercial, which aired during Wednesday night's X Factor, featured Minaj in a more professional role as the Young Money singer-rapper elaborated on the Season 12 theme of "dreams."
"You are finding someone right before they become a superstar, and hopefully you are going to help to mold that journey and make them a better artist," she said.
American Idol returns Jan. 16.
What do you think of the serious side of Nicki, Worshippers?
Watch the clip below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Joseph Sikora's Tommy Egan in Power: Finally, a White Guy Who's Not in the Black World To Save Anybody
- A 'Gilmore Girls' Festival Is Happening In Real-World Stars Hollow
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Have Reportedly Split ... Again
- Country Queen Dolly Parton To Play A Prostitute In New Made-For-TV Biopic
- My Blind Brother Trailer: Imagine a Bizarro Parks and Rec About Ben, Mona-Lisa, and The Douche in a Love Triangle
- Empire Is the Subject of a Class Action Lawsuit About Its Filming at a Juvenile Detention Center
- New Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency Teaser: Elijah Wood Is Still Not Your Watson, Asshole
- Rupert Wyatt to Direct Sci-Fi Movie Captive State, Based on His Own Original Story