Nikki Reed, 'American Idol' Alum Paul McDonald Announce Separation
The pair met while McDonald was a contestant on season 10.
American Idol season 10 alum Paul McDonald and Twilight actress Nikki Reed are separating after two years of marriage.
Despite the split, the two will continue work on their planned studio album, I’m Not Falling, which they plan to release later this year.
According to a statement released to People magazine, the couple have been living separately for six months due to “work obligations.”
McDonald and Reed married after a whirlwind romance that began in 2011 when the two met at a screening of Red Riding Hood that March. McDonald was still a contestant on Idol (he was eliminated in 8th place) and proposed in June. The two married in October.
In subsequent years, the couple seemed always busy working. The 29-year-old Alabama folk singer recorded tracks for his debut album in Nashville, made a guest appearance on the NBC series Parenthood, and toured with Hanson. Reed, 25, is next set to star on the big screen in the film In Your Eyes.
The pair also released an EP, The Best Part, in 2012 -- the same year McDonald’s song “All I've Ever Needed,” was featured on the Twilight soundtrack.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Dierks Bentley Weighs In On The 'Girl Crush' Country Radio Controversy
- Cookie Lyon of Fox's 'Empire' Sheds Rare Light on Black Women's Incarceration and Reentry
- Ryan Reynolds Spoofs Burt Reynolds In First 'Deadpool' Photo
- What Lindsay From 'Freaks And Geeks' Would Be Up To Today, According to Linda Cardellini
- Sean Hayes & Hubby Lip Sync Iggy Azalea & Jennifer Hudson's 'Trouble' - Watch Now!
- Kim Kardashian's Platinum Blonde Hair Looks Amazing on 'Elle France' April 2015 Cover
- Zayn Malik & Fiancee Perrie Edwards Spotted Out Separately After Leaving One Direction
- Carey Mulligan Talks Cooking Spaghetti Bolognese in 'Skylight' Every Night on 'The Tonight Show' - Watch Here!