Nikki Reed, 'American Idol' Alum Paul McDonald Announce Separation
The pair met while McDonald was a contestant on season 10.
American Idol season 10 alum Paul McDonald and Twilight actress Nikki Reed are separating after two years of marriage.
Despite the split, the two will continue work on their planned studio album, I’m Not Falling, which they plan to release later this year.
According to a statement released to People magazine, the couple have been living separately for six months due to “work obligations.”
McDonald and Reed married after a whirlwind romance that began in 2011 when the two met at a screening of Red Riding Hood that March. McDonald was still a contestant on Idol (he was eliminated in 8th place) and proposed in June. The two married in October.
In subsequent years, the couple seemed always busy working. The 29-year-old Alabama folk singer recorded tracks for his debut album in Nashville, made a guest appearance on the NBC series Parenthood, and toured with Hanson. Reed, 25, is next set to star on the big screen in the film In Your Eyes.
The pair also released an EP, The Best Part, in 2012 -- the same year McDonald’s song “All I've Ever Needed,” was featured on the Twilight soundtrack.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Anne Hathaway Does Tai Chi with Robert De Niro Again!
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak