Nikki Reed, 'American Idol' Alum Paul McDonald Announce Separation
The pair met while McDonald was a contestant on season 10.
American Idol season 10 alum Paul McDonald and Twilight actress Nikki Reed are separating after two years of marriage.
Despite the split, the two will continue work on their planned studio album, I’m Not Falling, which they plan to release later this year.
According to a statement released to People magazine, the couple have been living separately for six months due to “work obligations.”
McDonald and Reed married after a whirlwind romance that began in 2011 when the two met at a screening of Red Riding Hood that March. McDonald was still a contestant on Idol (he was eliminated in 8th place) and proposed in June. The two married in October.
In subsequent years, the couple seemed always busy working. The 29-year-old Alabama folk singer recorded tracks for his debut album in Nashville, made a guest appearance on the NBC series Parenthood, and toured with Hanson. Reed, 25, is next set to star on the big screen in the film In Your Eyes.
The pair also released an EP, The Best Part, in 2012 -- the same year McDonald’s song “All I've Ever Needed,” was featured on the Twilight soundtrack.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm
- Chloe Moretz Wins Fans Favorite Actress Award at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Ian Somerhalder: 'The Vampire Diaries' Wins Best Threesome at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Nikki Reed & Kellan Lutz Have a 'Twilight' Reunion at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!