Nikki Reed, 'American Idol' Alum Paul McDonald Announce Separation
The pair met while McDonald was a contestant on season 10.
American Idol season 10 alum Paul McDonald and Twilight actress Nikki Reed are separating after two years of marriage.
Despite the split, the two will continue work on their planned studio album, I’m Not Falling, which they plan to release later this year.
According to a statement released to People magazine, the couple have been living separately for six months due to “work obligations.”
McDonald and Reed married after a whirlwind romance that began in 2011 when the two met at a screening of Red Riding Hood that March. McDonald was still a contestant on Idol (he was eliminated in 8th place) and proposed in June. The two married in October.
In subsequent years, the couple seemed always busy working. The 29-year-old Alabama folk singer recorded tracks for his debut album in Nashville, made a guest appearance on the NBC series Parenthood, and toured with Hanson. Reed, 25, is next set to star on the big screen in the film In Your Eyes.
The pair also released an EP, The Best Part, in 2012 -- the same year McDonald’s song “All I've Ever Needed,” was featured on the Twilight soundtrack.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- The 2016 BET Awards Red Carpet Was Full Of Slayage
- Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar Open BET Awards With Unforgettable Performance
- Chris Mann Debuts New Video: "To The Moon and Back"
- STILL GROOL! MEAN GIRLS Heartthrob JONATHAN BENNETT Talks Being The Host With The Most On CAKE WARS And CUPCAKE WARS, His Favorite MEAN GIRLS Quote, And Dealing With MEAN GIRL Cyber Bullies!
- Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar Surprise The BET Awards with a Performance of 'Freedom'
- Salutations and Greetings to Nick Kroll and John Mulaney, Who Are Going to Star in Oh, Hello on Broadway
- Anna Kendrick Is in 6 Movies This Year and She’s Not Totally Sure Why
- Join Vulture’s Game of Thrones Season 6 Finale Liveblog