Phillip Phillips' 'Home' Gets Hurricane Sandy Remix; The 'American Idol' Winner Gives Back
The season 11 victor will perform a special Stage It concert with proceeds to benefit hurricane relief efforts in the Tri-State area.
This summer, the student chorus of New York City's PS22 honored American Idol season 11 winner Phillip Phillips with their cover of his hit, "Home."
Now, Phillips will pay back New York in a big way with a special Nov. 15 concert to be held and webcast on Stageit.com. Phillips will join the middle school chorus at their Staten Island school, with all proceeds from the performance benefitting The Siller Foundation and The Red Cross.
Meanwhile, the song "Home" has been given a Hurricane Sandy remix by New York radio station, WPLJ. The station's production director Dan Kelly and executive producer Joe "Monk" Pardavilia created a special video of the song which shows images of a devastated Jersey Shore, along with audio of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, President Barack Obama and victims affected by the hurricane.
Watch the moving clip below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- We Spent Half An Hour Talking To Allison Janney About 'Drop Dead Gorgeous'
- Here's How 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Really Feels About That Emmy Snub
- 'American Horror Story' Leaked Call Sheet Signals Possible Return Of A Past Character
- New Visions on Romance: Hour of the Wolf Movie Review of I Origins & Mood Indigo
- Not Only is Zoe Saldana Pregnant, But She's Reportedly Expecting Twins!
- Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, and Daughters Sunday & Faith Join Reba McEntire's 'Pray for Peace' Campaign (Video)
- Shia LaBeouf Arrives for Court, Is Working Out a Plea Deal for His Recent Arrest Charges
- Kelsey Grammer & Wife Kayte Welcome Newborn Son Gabriel!