Scotty McCreery Reveals Post 'Idol' Plans
The first thing he’s most looking forward to doing? “Watching SportsCenter and eating some chips.”
Back in the press room following the American Idol finale Wednesday, winner Scotty McCreery briefly dished on the events of the night, and offered a glimpse into his post-show plans.
When asked who he'd most like to collaborate with, the country singer told reporters, "Carrie Underwood, Josh Turner, there’s so many of them out there. I'm just honored to be here and singing country – it’s a good genre."
McCreery was thrilled he already had a chance to work with one of his idols. PHOTOS: Inside the American Idol finale
“Tim McGraw was like my country dad with all the advice he was giving me. It was great picking his brain and getting wisdom for over the years," he said.
Now that the whirlwind of Idol is over, he's most looking forward to "watching SportsCenter and eating some chips."
The two finalists each get a Ford vehicle from the show sponsor. McCreery's choice? "An F150 Truck," he said without hesitation.
McCreery called the Fox hit a learning experience. "American Idol is a platform and it’s helping us start our jobs," he said.
"I knew Scotty was gonna win," she said. "I knew in my heart and I accepted it. ... I couldn't pick a more perfect person to get second place to. I know that's cheesy, but he's my best friend."
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Hassan Whiteside 'Broke' Snapchat This Morning, And That's Only The Beginning For The App
- The Summer's Dumbest Video Game Is Also Kind Of My Favorite
- Vicki Gunvalson Talks Life After 'Cancer-Gate' On 'Real Housewives Of Orange County'
- Arresting Our Attention: The Man In Blue On 'Orange Is The New Black,' Michael Harney On Season 4 And His Activist Heart
- Game of Thrones Cast Members and All-Around Good People Visited Syrian Refugee Camps in Greece
- Matthew McConaughey to Teach a College Class, Definitely Not Stick Around for Office Hours
- 8 Movies to See (or Not) This Fourth of July Weekend
- Thandie Newton’s Story of Sexual Abuse During an Audition Is Still Horrifying