Scotty McCreery Wins Coin Toss on 'American Idol,' But Lets Lauren Alaina Choose
Alaina decides to perform last on next week's finale, which will air live from the Nokia Theatre in downtown Los Angeles.
It's down to the final two on American Idol.
Haley Reinhart was eliminated on Thursday night's show, meaning Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina will battle it out next week for the Idol crown.
After Reinhart's elimination, host Ryan Seacrest tossed a coin to determine who would get to choose whether to perform first or second on Wednesday's finale.
The coin featured a picture of McCreery's face on one side and Alaina's on the other. It landed on McCreery.
But the singer decided to defer to his competitor: In a gentlemanly manner, he asked her if she preferred to go first or second. She chose second.
The move is a generous one: The person who performs last is typically thought to have an advantage.
The singers will perform live Tuesday from the Nokia Theatre at L.A. Live, with the new champion being named Wednesday.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Kanye West Sleeps Off Orgy With Taylor Swift And Donald Trump In 'Famous' Music Video
- Watch Rory Gilmore Geek Out With Michelle Obama In 'Gilmore Girls' Teaser
- "Real Housewives of Orange County" star Heather Dubrow-"I Like To Think Of Myself As The Greek Chorus"
- Here's How Jay Z Is Celebrating The 20th Anniversary Of 'Reasonable Doubt'
- Former Hills Star Audrina Patridge Gives Birth to Daughter
- Master of None’s Shoukath Ansari on Auditioning Against 18 Actors to Play Himself, Selfie Requests, and Donald Trump
- Here's the Naked-People-In-Bed Painting That Influenced Kanye's 'Famous' Video
- Rory Gilmore Visited Michelle Obama at the White House, and You Just Know They Talked About Books