Scotty McCreery Wins Coin Toss on 'American Idol,' But Lets Lauren Alaina Choose
Alaina decides to perform last on next week's finale, which will air live from the Nokia Theatre in downtown Los Angeles.
It's down to the final two on American Idol.
Haley Reinhart was eliminated on Thursday night's show, meaning Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina will battle it out next week for the Idol crown.
After Reinhart's elimination, host Ryan Seacrest tossed a coin to determine who would get to choose whether to perform first or second on Wednesday's finale.
The coin featured a picture of McCreery's face on one side and Alaina's on the other. It landed on McCreery.
But the singer decided to defer to his competitor: In a gentlemanly manner, he asked her if she preferred to go first or second. She chose second.
The move is a generous one: The person who performs last is typically thought to have an advantage.
The singers will perform live Tuesday from the Nokia Theatre at L.A. Live, with the new champion being named Wednesday.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet