Steven Tyler to Premiere Solo Video on 'American Idol'
Sources tell THR's Idol Worship the clip for “(It) Feels So Good" will debut on May 12 and feature "Steven Tyler in all his rock star glory."
Steven Tyler will premiere the video for his first ever solo single, “(It) Feels So Good,” on the May 12 episode of American Idol, sources tell THR’s Idol Worship. The song will have its debut on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM morning show on May 9.
The clip was shot just after Easter, on Monday April 24, by Norwegian director Ray Kay, who thanks to a client list that includes Lady Gaga (“Poker Face”), Britney Spears (“Til the World Ends”) and Justin Bieber (“Baby”), is among of the most in-demand names working in music videos today.
“It’s everything you would expect to get from a classic Aerosmith video,” says an observer. “Without giving too much away, think: pure, classic Steven Tyler in all of his rock star glory.”
Perhaps also in a nod to the iconic music videos of Aerosmith’s past, could the clip also star a recognizable female lead? According to Kay’s Wikipedia page, Nicole Scherzinger, who’s featured on the song, looks to be making an appearance. But Tyler puts plenty of sexy on display himself, wearing a one-of-a-kind leather jacket with a corseted back, which was designed by California Christiania Republic, an apparel company whose name partly references the free-living, artist enclave in Denmark’s capital city of Copenhagen, which for years boasted a street called “Pusher’s Row” named for its many hash stands.
Those days, are, of course, behind Tyler, as he details in his new memoir, “Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?” (out Tuesday) and Rolling Stone cover story. Among the revelations: that Tyler estimates he spent $20 million on drugs during the span of his career, enough to give even Charlie Sheen a run for his sitcom money.
Reps for Fox and Tyler would not comment. The May 12 elimination episode knocks the competition down from four finalists to three.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Jon Stewart: Donald Trump Is Exactly The Opposite Of What The GOP Was Looking For
- Artist Reimagines Disney Princes And Princesses As Real People, Will Almost Certainly Make You Swoon
- Jon Snow Is 'Dead Is Dead Is Dead,' Says HBO Exec; Still, Doubts Linger
- Ryan Seacrest’s 'Knock Knock Live' Axed After Just 2 Episodes
- Read How Martin Luther King Jr. Affected Star Trek and Nichelle Nichols's Career
- Rock Series from Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger Finally Gets Its Name
- Ice T Voices Papa Smurf, Slaps Another Smurf in the Face, and Then Laughs About It
- Watch Marty Throw a Temper Tantrum After Watching True Detective's Second Season