Super Bowl 2013: Jennifer Hudson Sings 'America the Beautiful' With Sandy Hook Students (Video)
The performance came less than two months after the tragic Dec. 14 shooting at the elementary school that left 26 people dead.
Jennifer Hudson teamed up with the Sandy Hook Elementary School Chorus to perform "America the Beautiful" just minutes before the kickoff of Super Bowl XLVII.
The performance came less than two months after the tragic Dec. 14 shooting at Sandy Hook in Newtown, Conn., that left 26 people dead, including 20 children.
The Oscar winner and former American Idol contestant, who next appears in NBC's Smash, showed off her figure in a black-leather bodysuit by Monika Chiang and a white pencil skirt by L’Wren Scott as she performed the song at New Orleans' Superdome.
Hudson received praise for the performance on Twitter:
"Jennifer Hudson was looking like she meant it. Seriously," wrote Aisha Tyler, while Kelly Osbourne tweeted: "Jennifer Hudson was fantastic! She brought it!"
For her part, Hudson tweeted beforehand that it was a "privilege" to perform with the students.
After Hudson's performance, Alicia Keys took center stage to perform the National Anthem accompanied by her piano.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Gerard Depardieu Says He Can Drink 14 Bottles Of Wine In A Day
- Conan Introduces Apple's U2 Removal Service Because Deleting That Free Album Isn't Enough
- 'Too Long; Didn't Listen' Ep. 2: Talking Online Satire With Joe Garden, Sarah Pappalardo & Anna Drezen
- Duke Porn Star Belle Knox Once Carved The Word 'Fat' Into Her Body
- Angelina Jolie Doubled the Number of British Women Getting Screened for Breast Cancer
- Jennifer Lopez's 'Booty' Video Receives Lots of Love From Celebs
- Jennifer Lawrence Leaves Rumored Boyfriend Chris Martin's Coldplay Concert (Photos)
- Kerry Washington, Jon Hamm, & More Celebrities Take a Stand Against Sexual Violence (Video)